Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

The attitude of these young players is incredible. They are getting too much money too soon, before they have earned it.

For all the good it does us, just close the Academy, and spend the money on buying in the quality of players that will get us out of this league and into top 6 in the Premier League.

13 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

For all the good it does us, just close the Academy, and spend the money on buying in the quality of players that will get us out of this league and into top 6 in the Premier League.

Sometimes I think this too but I always come back to that I do think that a football club should have a youth setup. We should maybe change approach though. How we should change I don't really know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

I know you were mate. I was just clarifying that the Mail got the quotes from a paper up in Glasgow.

This is all bollocks and a fuss over nothing and a simple case of the press doing what they do which is quote people out of context and without printing the question they were asked. It also relates to an 18 year old who has never started a game for us yet has led to a club legend getting a good kicking especially from a few keyboard warriors on twitter. Madness.

Petrov, a club legend? Give over!

20 hours ago, avfc1982 said:

What, and throw the baby out with the bath water?

Just because you try and get the best deal you can get doesn't necessarily mean you have a bad attitude. Let's just see how this pans out before we get too hysterical. 

I'd agree if this was a top player but, if it HAS come down to money as Trent (I think?) alluded to, then it's a terrible attitude. He's been offered something that will make him more highly paid than any youth product in our history but wants a "better deal"? What's he even done to deserve that?!?

The only way he comes out of this in any good light is if he moved to, say, Walsall as he wants to play football and has been guaranteed it there.

Nothing hysterical about wanting rid of young footballers with terrible attitudes thinking they've "made it". 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Petrov, a club legend? Give over!

You can be a legend for more than performances on the pitch!! This kid hasn't started a game and is already thinking he's bigger than our club!! We'll survive if he goes but seems no as it'll be his first time away from home he may not. 

Captain in seasons in which we achieved nothing.

I admire him as a person and as a man, he went through hell, and won. But if it wasn't for his illness, he'd barely be a footnote in the history books of this club, IMO. He's no club legend.

Edit: I just realised which thread I'm posting this in, I'll stop being off topic!

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

A year ago, with time, patience and application, RHM had a promising future career. Now, he is becoming another John Bostock.

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

A year ago, with time, patience and application, RHM had a promising future career. Now, he is becoming another John Bostock.

Bostock is now at RC Lens in France, hardly a failure, he was also the youngest ever player for both Tottenham and Crystal Palace

Edited by sir_gary_cahill

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Captain in seasons in which we achieved nothing.

I admire him as a person and as a man, he went through hell, and won. But if it wasn't for his illness, he'd barely be a footnote in the history books of this club, IMO. He's no club legend.

Agreed. As a player I wouldn't have him in my top ten midfielders I've seen at the club.. I'd put Townsend and Richardson above him and that's before we look at the likes of Taylor, Cowans, Platt and Barry.

I'm delighted he beat his illness, it was wonderful news, but beating a horrible illness shouldn't make him a club legend IMO. I know that probably sounds harsher than I mean it to, but I base being a legend on stuff done on the pitch and off it while representing the club. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Bostock is now at RC Lens in France, hardly a failure, he was also the youngest ever player for both Tottenham and Crystal Palace

He's doing well at Lens by the look of it, but compared to the hype around him, people expected him to be an English superstar. His career hasn't panned out the way it was expected

19 minutes ago, Xela said:

He's doing well at Lens by the look of it, but compared to the hype around him, people expected him to be an English superstar. His career hasn't panned out the way it was expected

People develop at different rates, he's still only 24 years old. I'd take him here as a bit of a gamble, he could be great for us, emphasis on 'could'

24 is as close to a player's peak as makes no difference. If he's not looking like a solid signing at his age, there's nothing more to it, IMO. You can't talk about a player having 'potential' at 24, it's a bit Lee Hendrie. Which is why I'm still speechless we gave Gardner a new deal, but oh well.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

24 is as close to a player's peak as makes no difference. If he's not looking like a solid signing at his age, there's nothing more to it, IMO. You can't talk about a player having 'potential' at 24, it's a bit Lee Hendrie. Which is why I'm still speechless we gave Gardner a new deal, but oh well.

Gardner was rated alongside the likes of Bostock when they were younger but obviously Gary's had a lot of injuries, still shows passion for the club. I am now going to watch a YouTube video of his header a few weeks ago :)

44 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Apologies for my vagueness, SGC. My post wasnt a reflection on Bostocks talent, but more in reference to how Bostock left Crystal Palace, The way Bostock and his family went about it is kind of familiar, with a bit of Delphstyle thrown in.

20 minutes ago, AJ said:

Apologies for my vagueness, SGC. My post wasnt a reflection on Bostocks talent, but more in reference to how Bostock left Crystal Palace, The way Bostock and his family went about it is kind of familiar, with a bit of Delphstyle thrown in.

I agree with you

Â