Rushian Hepburn-Murphy

PieFacE

Actually if he was that good he would sign the contract, knowing that he is good enough to get game time, score goals, and if a villa don't flourish he will eventually get picked up by a top flight club.

As it is Tim Sherwood, gave him a few meaningless minutes when he was 16, Remi Garde, RDM, and Steve Bruce , have sought to use him only fleetingly, he is available for a compensation fee of around £200k  ...and whose in for him ? well from the footballing powerhouse of Scotland ....Rangers.

Seems to me he perhaps doesn't have that much confidence in his own ability to cut it - and is taking a short term approach of taking the money and running.....

• Like 3

This one, is only going to end one way IMO

I understand that the Sturridge family and the Hepburn-Murphy family have links.

Is it any wonder that RHM is being advised the way he is......with the history surrounding DS's departure from us....Its hardly surprising RHM is at the point he is

Thanks guys for the loyalty shown to us after helping to bring you both on.....I'm sure moving forward Tony Xia will be hardened to this kind of thing.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I understand that the Sturridge family and the Hepburn-Murphy family have links.

Is it any wonder that RHM is being advised the way he is......with the history surrounding DS's departure from us....Its hardly surprising RHM is at the point he is

Thanks guys for the loyalty shown to us after helping to bring you both on.....I'm sure moving forward Tony Xia will be hardened to this kind of thing.

If he thinks a move to Rangers rather than staying at Aston Villa is a good career move - good luck with that.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, hippo said:

Actually if he was that good he would sign the contract, knowing that he is good enough to get game time, score goals, and if a villa don't flourish he will eventually get picked up by a top flight club.

As it is Tim Sherwood, gave him a few meaningless minutes when he was 16, Remi Garde, RDM, and Steve Bruce , have sought to use him only fleetingly, he is available for a compensation fee of around £200k  ...and whose in for him ? well from the footballing powerhouse of Scotland ....Rangers.

Seems to me he perhaps doesn't have that much confidence in his own ability to cut it - and is taking a short term approach of taking the money and running.....

Well its a bit of that and ......Aston Villa are expected in his eyes to take all the gamble.

I suppose its winners and losers..... we took Gareth Barry from Hastings and David Platt from Crewe.....Coventry took Sturridge from us..... we took Dennis Mortimer from Coventry for a modest fee....

Its football

you just have to make sure you go up more ladders than down snakes

thats the problem.......In recent times we have gone down more snakes than up ladders.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

If he thinks a move to Rangers rather than staying at Aston Villa is a good career move - good luck with that.

I think its more to do with a bunch of family seeing themselves as top agents and are hell bent in getting a payoff for the player in order to massage their over inflated ego.

"Leave it to me son, I'll sort this"

I could be wrong....it has been known....only once, though.

and I found out later I was right after all:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

If he really wanted to go to Rangers he could have signed a pre-contract with them a week ago, he hasn't though.

The Villa offer is on the table, it seems like a case of holding out for better and Villa calling his or his agents bluff.

Personally I'm sick of the whole saga for someone who has done the square route of Bosko Balaban.

totally agree

I think the criticism of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy in this thread is harsh to say the least. I find it hard to believe that he would leave this football club, he's been here since he was 9 years old! I have reason to think that he might have played or had a trial for West Bromwich Albion but I have no proof to this effect

I have met him personally at an u23 match, not only is he a brilliant footballer, he is also a very nice, funny guy as I have stated a few times on this site. He also comes across as being very humble. In my opinion, he has great natural ability in terms of finishing and first touch but I think he has the all round game too, that top players have :) I know it is naive to say that as he is still only 18 years old, I shall enjoy watching him develop at Villa or elsewhere.

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think the criticism of Rushian Hepburn-Murphy in this thread is harsh to say the least. I find it hard to believe that he would to leave this football club, he's been here since he was 9 years old! I have reason to think that he might have played or had a trial for West Bromwich Albion but I have no proof to this effect

I have met him personally at an u23 match, not only is he a brilliant footballer, he is also a very nice, funny guy as I have stated a few times on this site. He also comes across as being very humble. In my opinion, he has great natural ability in terms of finishing and first touch but I think he has the all round game too, that top players have :) I know it is naive to say that as he is still only 18 years old, I shall enjoy watching him develop at Villa or elsewhere.

He's been offered the highest wages ever offered to an academy graduate. The offer has been on the table for weeks and he hasn't signed it. How can people be free of criticism for that? He either wants more money or is considering offers elsewhere, both ways fans aren't exactly going to be neutral about.

Edited by Trickster
  • Like 1

All this talk of commitment is a bit fuzzy to my mind. Footballers, no matter their age, are essentially freelancers. It's reasonable to expect they will negotiate hard to get the best wages deal. Then it's reasonable to expect they will do their best for the club for the length of their contract. Is there any indication that RHM, just because he is holding out on the former, wouldn't give us his full commitment the pitch once the contract is settled?

5 hours ago, TRO said:

What's the story there then? I thought he left at 11?

25 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

All this talk of commitment is a bit fuzzy to my mind. Footballers, no matter their age, are essentially freelancers. It's reasonable to expect they will negotiate hard to get the best wages deal. Then it's reasonable to expect they will do their best for the club for the length of their contract. Is there any indication that RHM, just because he is holding out on the former, wouldn't give us his full commitment the pitch once the contract is settled?

No but then I'm not really sure that is the issue or something people are suggesting.

17 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

He's playing now for the U23s along with Green and Davis. There's a Periscope live feed if anyone has nothing else to do...

https://www.periscope.tv/w/a0KH5TF4TlFhWW1uV2txUWJ8MURYR3lWRUJSWkxKTY86HYk19QTjK7Dgyl4_9JiRa7bRh8Z_VTwmVUk-S5lU

Thanks for that.

Frustrating that the club don't stream the U23's for free given how some bloke in the stands can do it so easily.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, TRO said:

I think its more to do with a bunch of family seeing themselves as top agents and are hell bent in getting a payoff for the player in order to massage their over inflated ego.

"Leave it to me son, I'll sort this"

I could be wrong....it has been known....only once, though.

and I found out later I was right after all:)

No doubt his family are looking to retire sooner rather than later. Hence the standoff.

If I was him there is no chance I'd sign now. He's been hung out to dry by both Bruce and the chairman. He's a kids so don't see why the press had to be told why he wasn't in the squad. So what if he was trying to get as much money as he can. He can't be that good if we have decided to force his hand in this way.

Â