Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

On 27/01/2023 at 06:17, mjmooney said:

Here's a challenge for @tonyh29

On just one day in 2014, three Norwegian “extreme travellers” visited 19 countries. 

They started on 22 September in Greece, crossing the border into Bulgaria at midnight and then immediately on to North Macedonia and into Kosovo by 1 am. 

By 10 am, they had rushed through four more ex-Yugoslav republics, and by 12:24, they had notched up not just Austria and Hungary, but also Czechia and Slovakia.

Then they caught a flight to western Germany, crossed into each of the three Benelux countries, reaching France by 7 pm, Switzerland around 9.30 pm and Liechtenstein 23 minutes before midnight. 

With a bit more luck, the Norwegians would have continued into Italy, racking up 20 countries in 24 hours. 

FB_IMG_1674810885583.jpg

Wow. That is fast! 

They've reminded me of Phileas Fogg, from my favourite novel. Kind of a modern day version of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 18/02/2023 at 04:05, mjmooney said:

All Romes lead to Roads. 

FB_IMG_1676721863076.jpg

If I found myself in The Roads I'd be hightailing it to one of the Romes.   Not that those locations would be much better, but in the case of a couple of them you'd at least be a little less immersed in deep red batsh*t crazy MAGA land.   There's at least one Rome in a blue state.

4 minutes ago, TreeVillan said:

What's the difference between a mile and a Roman mile? 🤔

"The Romans divided their mile into 5,000 Roman feet but the greater importance of furlongs in Elizabethan-era England meant that the statute mile was made equivalent to 8 furlongs or 5,280 feet in 1593" 👍

Courtesy of Sage Answer.

• Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

Are you sure ?!

Very hard to say for sure based off that map as the cardinal points aren't actually included to show which is East and West.

No guide to show how long the arrows are supposed to be.

They also use different points of Africa.

I also think the arrows don't actually point to the borders.

Truly a terrible map.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Come on we all know that other is actually dog.

dog isn't that common as its a delicacy, for the elite  and only eaten on special occasions maybe once or twice a year 

they have a taste for burgers and Sushi but that's mainly the elites again .. the rest of them , should they be lucky enough to actually have meat to eat , it's usually  rabbit or goat

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

r3zfbudczhpa1.jpg

Beef/Yak is not the most popular meet in Nepal. It's about 80% Hindu so beef is only available in a few tourist places and Yak meet is only in the sparsely populated mountains. Buffalo is fairly widely eaten so maybe they are including that as beef or yak. 

Â