Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

On 18/01/2023 at 09:39, mjmooney said:

The Northernmost part of Brazil is closer to Canada than it is to the Southernmost part of Brazil. 

Here is the map for context, because I was really skeptical about this one (it is a tight one [KW.gif] though)

wy8uzpg2xph51.png

• Shocked 1

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Ha ..

I knew about this and pre-covid I'd already started mapping out a route to try and beat them ,  I think they missed a trick with Italy as you have Vatican and or San Marino  that are easy wins (Assuming they are counting Vatican as a country ) instead of Kosovo which lost a bit of time for not much gain (though since they did this trip  they've also built a motorway in Kosovo that shaves time off the journey )

It was one drunken night down the pub with my mates when they asked where I was planning on going next  and I replied " hoping to try and do 21 countries in one day " , that morphed into the 9 countries in one day pub crawl that we did for my 50th 

Now the airlines are nearly back to pre-covid capacity and running a bit more punctual again , I might give it another look  , a load of my mates want to do it as well , so we might even make it some kind of race , couple of groups of 4 and we all plan our own routes  ...

That has GoFundMe and YouTube channel written large all over it

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

That has GoFundMe and YouTube channel written large all over it

I have a face better suited for radio than video  

I seem to recall the Norwegians were sponsored by a betting firm  and one of my favourites Dancing Matt * , got sponsored by a chewing gum company , so maybe I should get in touch with some brewing companies ( but not hipster craft beer ones ) 

* fairly sure everyone's seen Matt before , but still makes me smile 

• Like 2

On 21/01/2023 at 07:55, Mr_Dogg said:

A big circle doesn't work. It's not a flat surface!

If you mean it's got bumps and things, You are right. If you mean that the Earth is roughly spherical, then I would argue you are wrong. If you mean that Earth is an oblate spheroid, you (I think) are being pedantic.

It is like saying 20 ° latitude is not equidistant from the geographical pole.

06_Most-Listened-to_Country-Artists_Worl

This is obviously of interest to me, but the website that carried out this has lots of other interesting listening stat maps as well.

Every Country's Most Listened-to Current and Past Artists

Liberty Games calculated the most listened-to artists and songs over the past 12 months using play counts from the YouTube Video Music Charts. To identify the top players in each genre, we first compiled lists of the most popular musicians in each category and then retrieved the view counts per country for each artist.

Â