The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I've have had Sherwood over Garde as shit as Tim was, he could occasionally get a spark from the team. Garde couldn't even do that

Biggest error was not getting rid of Sherwood a fortnight earlier and getting Allardyce in before Sunderland got there. 

Garde at least had at track record of being a competent actual football manager. Sherwood was nothing more than a delusional youth development coach.

Sherwood should should have been sacked at the end of the season. It was crazy crazy decision by the club to give the funds from Benteke and Delph's sale to a manager who had never managed a team through a transfer window, and entrusting him and the backroom team with a squad re-build after losing the best two players.

Also, thinking Richards and Lescott would be a good central defensive pairing was borderline crazy! Two defenders known more for their goalscoring, than their defending.

3 hours ago, Xela said:

Garde should have got more out of the players he inherited. He was meant to be a decent manager. He looked shell shocked as our manager. 

I dont even think ferguson could have got more put of those losers. That team was probably the worst ive seen in my life time. A complete shambles and a group that did not give a damn

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

Didn't we all think that Richards was a good signing? 

I remember looking it up at the time and posting in his thread that he had played around 15 games over the previous 3 1/2 seasons. That was a huge red flag that he was done as an athlete let alone a footballer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I remember looking it up at the time and posting in his thread that he had played around 15 games over the previous 3 1/2 seasons. That was a huge red flag that he was done as an athlete let alone a footballer.

I made the same comment at the time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PaulC said:

Didn't we all think that Richards was a good signing? 

I thought he was worth the risk on a free. Someone who we could get in, play solid for a few years and then sell for 5-10m.

Obviously hasn't worked out like that but then I thought he was coming in as a right back so there's your first problem.

Lescott was always a defender I rated and wanted to see play for us but we got the completely knackered version. Should've realised when even Pulis didn't fancy him in central defence and played him at left back.

What disappointed me more of him was some of the comments he was coming out with after xmas of that season, thought he was miles more professional.

Sherwood was the reason we stayed up that season. That cannot be taken away from him.

Both he and Lerner are to blame for putting us in a position that was almost impossible to get out of the following the season however.

Lerner should never have allowed such an inexperienced manager or backroom team to preside over possibly the most important pre-season in the clubs history. 

Sherwood takes the blame for being an utterly incompetent manager and not having a plan B once Benteke left.

All in all a **** of the highest order.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes we would have gone down with Lambert, no question about that, but I agree except the totally incompetent transfer committee take a large part of the blame to. 

The sad thing is, we were all really excited that pre-season with these highly rated overseas players coming in. I went into that season with so much optimism. Although failure to sign a big name striker was a wrong move (I know Adebayor was at VP but his spiritual advisor told him not to join as it didn't feel right - he was spot on!)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

Sherwood was the reason we stayed up that season. That cannot be taken away from him.

He was, and deserves credit. But there are dozens of managers who could have kept us up that season. It wasn't a miracle.

2 hours ago, PaulC said:

Yes we would have gone down with Lambert, no question about that, but I agree except the totally incompetent transfer committee take a large part of the blame to. 

Sherwood WAS the transfer committee. He was part of that committee. A big part.

• 1 month later...
Â