The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Another insipid appointment.

In the summer, Karanca, Warburton, De Boer, McLaren, Garde, Eddie Howe, to name a few would all have been available, and we give a 3 year contract to someone who got the sack after only 28 games in charge of any football club.An absolutely ridiculous decision, yet again, and i fear this is the start of a downnward spiral.

Nothing against Sherwood, i just don't see what he offers.

Do you mean that we are not on a downward spiral at the moment?

Not the most exciting appointment but the one I expected. Never really understood the abuse he got at Spurs, he seemed to be a figure of fun in the media for reasons which had more to do with his personality than his ability to manage a football club. He's got a lot to prove so I expect him to be extremely motivated by that fact. I expect survival this year and maybe 50 points next season if we stay up so for now I'm behind the appointment. Good luck Tim, you'll definitely need it.

Happy with the appointment. Happy Villa got it done quickly.

Welcome Tim, fully behind you.

• Like 2

The team spirit in our camp is, and has been for a while, quite high. I can imagine if Tim disappoints just one player, then the whole of the squad aren't going to be very happy. Potentially disastrous but now it is complete we have to support him otherwise we will be plummeting down the leagues.

team sprit has been high?

Yes. We just didn't perform very well. 

Got a really bad feeling about this. I'm just not sure what he has done to deserve the job. I'm assuming that we'll go down now. Goes without saying that I hope I'm proved wrong. I also think that he's an absolute cock but that has nothing to do with my scepticism.

• Like 2

Another insipid appointment.

In the summer, Karanca, Warburton, De Boer, McLaren, Garde, Eddie Howe, to name a few would all have been available, and we give a 3 year contract to someone who got the sack after only 28 games in charge of any football club.An absolutely ridiculous decision, yet again, and i fear this is the start of a downnward spiral.

Nothing against Sherwood, i just don't see what he offers.

Do you mean that we are not on a downward spiral at the moment?

I would say it's a plummet at the moment, opposed to a spiral.

Right then, now it's been confirmed I'm behind him 100%. Come on Tim; get the team scoring, keep the defence solid(ish), avoid relegation, sign players to strengthen through the summer on a limited budget, but don't let the wage bill rise... Good luck mate.

Not the most exciting appointment but the one I expected. Never really understood the abuse he got at Spurs, he seemed to be a figure of fun in the media for reasons which had more to do with his personality than his ability to manage a football club. He's got a lot to prove so I expect him to be extremely motivated by that fact. I expect survival this year and maybe 50 points next season if we stay up so for now I'm behind the appointment. Good luck Tim, you'll definitely need it.

Couldn't agree with this more. Completely behind him.

BnXZt_BCUAAE7fx.jpg

He's signed the deal. Enough of this shit.

Embarrassed to be a fellow villa fan who posted this picture.

Exactly. I was't a fan of Lambert but never agreed with the personal abuse he got. Criticise the job he is doing but not the person. 

Seeing the personal abuse Sherwood has been getting is embarrassing. 

• Like 4

Â