The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Who would you replace him with?

As much as I hate to say it, I'd go with Big Sam. I Know people won't like it, they will say its not a 'forward thinking' appointment, but I suppose that depends on how far forward we are thinking. All I'm Thinking about is staying in the league, and I think Sam will almost guarantee that.

This year above all others, we simply can not afford to take Gambles, our future depends on us staying up.

big sam would not touch us.

2 million quid a year says otherwise

just cant see him wanting the pressure at villa plus most of the fanbase would turn on him in a second.

I'm all for Big Sam becoming our manager, at the very least I'd expect him to make us a solid mid table team and if we got to the point where he couldn't take us any higher then we would at least be in a good position for an exciting young coach or foreign coach to come in and have a go.  

We need a new exciting manager to go with our exciting new players.

tim sherwood was meant to be that.

Not to me he wasn't. I thought he was about as exciting as bringing in someone like Ince or Bryan Robson. I suspect his time at Villa will be the last time he ever manages in the Premier league.

the villa board made out like he was an exciting manager and told us he was a highly rated and sought after manager

but anybody who knew anything about football knew he was a ridiculous risk with a track record of coaching young players and talking bollocks

i look back to the day we appointed him and the feeling I had.

it was pure anger 

• Like 1

You're all living in FM fantasy land. There is NO WAY Sherwood is going to be sacked this early in his Villa career. And rightly so. Which of these available, experienced, miracle-working top managers do you think would come to a club that operates that way?

lambert ;) he knows the club inside out and is used to fighting relegation battles so will have the experience.

• Like 3

Bit early to talk about sacking him but he's not exactly doing himself any favours. 

I wouldn't have minded losing 3-2 to Liverpool at anfield if we'd had a go at them. We only started to come out of our own half at 2-0 down. That's not what Sherwood's mantra has been at all. With Lambert's team he said we had to go for teams to stay up, now with his own team we are negative and he's talking about "if" we stay in the division.

That's precisely what Lambert turned into after the exciting end to his first season.

We have a better squad now IMO, as a whole, we have certainly lost 1 very very good striker. We were promised positive football and goals. Up until the 71st minute against Leicester it seemed to be what we were getting. That capitulation and the subsequent over adjustment is worrying and smacks of panic. We do not have the players to play catenaccio/anti football/kill the game type football. We have a fairly long list of creative attack minded midfielders and forwards. We shoudl try and get the most out of them and go for it, the thought of Sherwood trying to shut down teams and play tight is pretty horrible. I don't think it will work.

Can't beleive after being in a far worse situation last year and him saying he was 100% certain we'd stay up he's talkign about "if" already with his own new squad. Really bad situation all of a sudden. If we're bottom 3 come December I think it's time they started looking for a new manager.

How many games does big sam get?

How many games would you give Sherwood?

I think it's fair for him to be given the vast majority of this season. After years and years of utter shit and major changes in the summer it would be daft to throw in the towel this early IMO. 

Sherwood looks scared now. He just like Lambert.. started gung ho attacking style and kept leaking goals.. so the tactics got more cautious.. then negative to stop the goals.. then we lost the attack. Then Lambert lost the plot. Think the same will happen with Sherwood.
Whats Carlo Ancelotti up to ;)

In all seriousness.. we need to start looking for a back up plan.. already the worst start in our history..... if we lose 2-3 more that should be it. Bedding in players is a poor excuse. Norwich and Watford are doing just fine.....

• Like 1

So is this season a write off then? Sherwood's comments say so. 

And I thought he said he wanted the losing mentality out of the club?

i genuinely wonder if he believes the utter shite he comes out with. 

• Like 4

You're all living in FM fantasy land. There is NO WAY Sherwood is going to be sacked this early in his Villa career. And rightly so. Which of these available, experienced, miracle-working top managers do you think would come to a club that operates that way?

lambert ;) he knows the club inside out and is used to fighting relegation battles so will have the experience.

That's very true but I think we should go for a new approach, someone who can get the best out all these new continental players we have. As they say you should never go back.

Edited by useless

its obvious sherwood is a liar so its clear to me that we need an honest manager, any thoughts?..............

Can't see his post match comments sitting well with the board, i.e. Fox. Going back on everything he has said already. 

Gonna lose the Sky money if we get relegated, Fox won't allow that to happen, im sure it'll be part of his remit. Christmas at the very latest for Sherwood i'd say.

What angers me most is I actually feel we have a decent squad and yet a Sherwood has no idea what his best 11 is and week in week out leans absolutely nothing

i loved him at first because we played gung ho free flowing fast counter attacking football, now i've no idea what we are trying to do

I've defended him a lot but today was indefensible. Yes they may be 'Liverpool', but they are a side that has been struggling and quite frankly they really aren't that great. Yet instead of pressing them and putting them under pressure, causing them problems and testing their defence (Like Newcastle are currently doing to Chelsea, a far superior team, for the 30 minutes that have been played so far) we sit back and give them all the time in the world. No real shape and no purpose, Gestede was massively isolated and quite frankly I think the score line flattered us massively on the balance of play, taking nothing away from Gestede for his goals which he took brilliantly.

Â