The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

if you are going to play that formation and style, you have to actually work on it training as it requires a lot of organisation and concentration. Did it look to anybody like we had?

We basically parked the bus and still let in 3, and probably should have conceded more

• Like 1

Tim has no idea how to make us hard to beat. Norwich got a draw last week and looked solid. They also went to West Ham and were very unlucky not to win. Tim is so tactically inept and out of his depth that he he can only manage a draw against teams who we should beat (I.e. Sunderland) and in games where we're going to struggle he sets us up completely wrong and gifts the opposition the win. 

The arrogance and confidence we saw in Sherwood last season has evaporated. He doesn't even know his best team and continues to set us up wrong and make the wrong decisions. I'm struggling to see what he can do to keep us up. 

• Like 1

With massive changes to the squad, injuries and players settling in at different speeds, is it any wonder he's unsure of his best eleven yet?

But that doesn't excuse the strange decisions, he is costing us points. He said himself that even with no signings we wouldn't be in this position again.

With massive changes to the squad, injuries and players settling in at different speeds, is it any wonder he's unsure of his best eleven yet?

Quite. The reaction in this thread is completely baffling to be honest. If we're still in the bottom 3 comes Christmas then talk of him being sacked should be entertained, but we haven't seen a game with all our best players match fit yet, hopefully in the next few weeks we will and should see an improvement in results. 

The football we are playing has been a huge improvement on last season imo, we're scoring goals and creating chances, just need the midfield to offer the back four better protection and we should be okay.

Today we should have played on the front foot and pressed Liverpool, but I understand why we tried to frustrate them, conceding in the 1st minute just threw that gameplan completely out the window.

He gets til Xmas from me. 

But that doesn't excuse the strange decisions, he is costing us points. He said himself that even with no signings we wouldn't be in this position again.

Shouldn't we wait til we are actually in that position first? We're 8 games into the season or whatever, there's a hell of a long way to go yet. 

Shouldn't we wait til we are actually in that position first? We're 8 games into the season or whatever, there's a hell of a long way to go yet. 

ask Sherwood that. They're his words. He's the one bringing up 'this position'

we are in that position.

People wonder why this club is rotten to the core? Just read most of the dross overreaction on here to find the answer! 

Do you think the club is rotten to the core? Do you also really believe that it is because of some (rightly) fed up fans on a fan forum? 

I personally don't think it is. It's ones that overreact seem to be the same ones that believe this. We are close to being a good side. At this point some are asking for the manager to get the sack, saying the supporters are going to turn on Sherwood if we loose to Stoke and some even saying wanting to be relegated! Well if we turn on the Manager now and our new players, guess what, we will be relegated. If we got right behind the club it could make the difference between growing into a good side or vanishing into the championship. That's what is rotten! 

we are in that position.

By "this position" ... I assumed he meant fighting for our lives to stay in the division? We're not there already yet are we. As I said, long way to go yet. 

OK genuine question. What do people think are Sherwood's strength's as a Manager?

Motivating, but I am not sure if that works all of the time.

I'll try and think of some more.

To my mind it hasn't really worked all season. 

Sherwood should get the same amount of time that Lambert got.

Lambert had far too much time - and if that was the 'rule', Moyes should still be at Man United and would be for 20 years.

sherwood has been given a better chance than lambert had.

Sorry mate, but you been on the crack pipe? Lambert had years, Sherwood has had a handful of games with his players. 

Sherwood deserves to at least Christmas before his position is reviewed

• Like 1

Â