The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The thing is, we know were going nowhere, Sherwood knows he isnt up to it, the board know hes not up to but they also know that they cant sack him until it gets to dire straits or the media etc will say Sherwood isnt given a chance. A manager is either good enough or he isnt, black and white. A 5 game stretch doesnt change that. He's not good enough, never will be. Get rid now so were not marooned in the relegation zone in January leaving the new guy with no time to change it up.

You mean "we know, he knows, they know" because it fits with your opinion? Just state your opinion, dont try make it sound like you know what others think when you clearly dont.

There's no chance Fox allows Sherwood to completely change the squad and back room staff and then sacks him 8 games in. Keep the hate going boys, he'll be given a fair chance to succeed or fail.

Thr new Richard, No disrepect Rich.

if I'm saying this in 2 years time then maybe a good comparison. It's been 8 games with his squad. Let's face it, you'd be posting the same cry moan whoever was in charge. 

When Stoke beat us next week will you still be defending him? Will you still be convincing yourself that we have good players that need time gel and it will get better. Or will the penny finally drop. 5 loses in 7. Good fixtures

But anyway, this will be one of the most winnable of our upcoming fixtures and we messed it up, so God knows where the win will come from. Stoke absolutely must-win. Fail to win and I'm afraid to say that idealism goes out of the window when it comes to affording the manager his due time.

Ludicrous. Liverpool were excellent today, and Sturridge amazing. The Reds started the game on fire. We have no player yet on par with Sturridge.

Liverpool were not excellent at all. We let them play like that and they still conceded twice.

• Like 2

What happened to the Tim Sherwood that set us up perfectly and battered Liverpool and Man City last year? If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Lambert out there today all timid on the touchline and not even getting out of his seat. Very odd, I hope he isn't slowly retreating into his shell like Lambert was.

This is what worries me - it happened with Lambert too.

But anyway, this will be one of the most winnable of our upcoming fixtures and we messed it up, so God knows where the win will come from. Stoke absolutely must-win. Fail to win and I'm afraid to say that idealism goes out of the window when it comes to affording the manager his due time.

Ludicrous. Liverpool were excellent today, and Sturridge amazing. The Reds started the game on fire. We have no player yet on par with Sturridge.

Liverpool were not excellent at all. We let them play like that and they still conceded twice.

They showed more experience and grace up front. They only needed to be excellent three times. If not for Brad, we would have lost 5-2.

What happened to the Tim Sherwood that set us up perfectly and battered Liverpool and Man City last year? If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Lambert out there today all timid on the touchline and not even getting out of his seat. Very odd, I hope he isn't slowly retreating into his shell like Lambert was.

This is what worries me - it happened with Lambert too.

Lambert after the 8-0 loss to Chelsea, Sherwood after the 6-1 loss to Southampton.

This is why we need somebody with experience.

• Like 2

Sorry but that's simply not true. Fine approach play, sure but very little penetration until we threw caution to the wind at 2-0 down. Unfortunately we lack any clear offensive identity ourselves however.

• Like 1

Time to see if Fox is really as good as people say and to what extent he's running the club these days. Normally I'd be against sacking Sherwood but under the specific circumstances we find ourselves in now, it's really for the best that he goes and we bring in someone else.

They showed more experience and grace up front. They only needed to be excellent three times. If not for Brad, we would have lost 5-2.

Are we ignoring Rudy's two missed chances in the first half then?

If you believe that Liverpool were excellent then thats fine, its your opinion, football is a game of exactly that, but if its the basis of a defence for Sherwood's tactics today then its incredibly wide of the mark.

He said the same in the summer!

for all the poor form and records broken under Lambert , this is the worst start to a season in 30 years. The last time we started this poorly we were relegated and we will be relegated this season too

• Like 1

Sorry but that's simply not true. Fine approach play, sure but very little penetration until we threw caution to the wind at 2-0 down. Unfortunately we lack any clear offensive identity ourselves however.

I don't actually disagree with you, so I'm confused.

He said the same in the summer!

for all the poor form and records broken under Lambert , this is the worst start to a season in 30 years. The last time we started this poorly we were relegated and we will be relegated this season too

well you were spot on with your opinion of Lambert so now I'm worried. 

Are we ignoring Rudy's two missed chances in the first half then?

If you believe that Liverpool were excellent then thats fine, its your opinion, football is a game of exactly that, but if its the basis of a defence for Sherwood's tactics today then its incredibly wide of the mark.

I didn't like Tim's approach. I think he may have hindered our game, which is very worrisome. There's an immaturity -- a callowness -- I feel I'm seeing. 

Â