The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

From the man himself:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-boss-tim-sherwood-9977791?

"Villa boss confirms he had the final say on all transfers and admits he will take responsibility for successes or failures of his new team"

--------------

And an interesting article about how his Spurs stay went sour:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2580798/Sherwood-NOT-man-Spurs-forward-hes-blame-demise.html

"Tim Sherwood seems like a decent and passionate man. However, he does not seem to be the right man to take over at Spurs long term.

Thursday's defeat by Benfica was the latest in a line of insipid displays from his team, whose season is surely more or less over in any meaningful way."

What happened to the Tim Sherwood that set us up perfectly and battered Liverpool and Man City last year? If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Lambert out there today all timid on the touchline and not even getting out of his seat. Very odd, I hope he isn't slowly retreating into his shell like Lambert was.

This is what worries me - it happened with Lambert too.

Lambert after the 8-0 loss to Chelsea, Sherwood after the 6-1 loss to Southampton.

This is why we need somebody with experience.

Interesting theory, although the best run of form under Lambert came AFTER that game. For me, Lambert lost it after that 4-1 defeat at home to Stoke the season after. The collapse at the end of that season was just shameful.

Sherwood after the match

"Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year."

What the ****? Didn't you say this summer that we wouldn't be in the same trouble we've been the past years? Now you're saying IF we stay up we'll be stronger next year?! Stop talking and try as hard as you can to be, at least, a mediocre manager. He's a joke.

please tell me he didn't say this

already talking publicly that we are in a relegation battle after 7 games. Way to motivate Tim you bell end

after all the " villa won't be in a relegation battle again now I'm here" bollocks.

hes a moron

• Like 1

I will grant that we got ourselves into a position of winning the game -- fair enough. We fought back, too. But this was never an easily winnable game. Ask the bookies!

Rodgers will be gone before Christmas. Liverpool are shite, as soon as we started to attack we had 2 goals buried. tactics lost us the game today not the players or Liverpools quality.

"Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year"

**** off tim you also said we would never be in this position again so stop talking the talk and F@cking walk the walk you slag!

I will grant that we got ourselves into a position of winning the game -- fair enough. We fought back, too. But this was never an easily winnable game. Ask the bookies!

The bookies go on how much money is placed on each team. It's pretty well known that betting against Liverpool is always worth a look at as a lot of money gets placed on them in Asia (and no doubt London too). Regardless the reason why no one will put money on Villa is because we've been so abysmal this season. 

What happened to the Tim Sherwood that set us up perfectly and battered Liverpool and Man City last year? If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Lambert out there today all timid on the touchline and not even getting out of his seat. Very odd, I hope he isn't slowly retreating into his shell like Lambert was.

Lambert after the 8-0 loss to Chelsea, Sherwood after the 6-1 loss to Southampton.

Interesting theory, although the best run of form under Lambert came AFTER that game. For me, Lambert lost it after that 4-1 defeat at home to Stoke the season after. The collapse at the end of that season was just shameful.

Yeah good shout, our form at the end of the 8-0 season was really good.

had enough of the 'give him time' shit under lambert. It never got better, and we only stayed up because 3 other teams were worse.

we cant keep relying on that, and at the moment there are not 3 worse teams than us. we havent got time to waste on Tim learning how to manage

It's still September, the team is still not 100% fit and used to each other, and the pace of the league is making some of the newbies look pretty bad.

If we can get a fit and functioning team with a little head of steam going, we can climb out of the quicksand we're currently in.

That said, if the results and performances and selection and tactics continue to be crap in another 4-6 weeks, something will have to be done.

Give him enough rope

had enough of the 'give him time' shit under lambert. It never got better, and we only stayed up because 3 other teams were worse.

we cant keep relying on that, and at the moment there are not 3 worse teams than us. we havent got time to waste on Tim learning how to manage

we also beat teams like liverpool last year which we are not doing now

Tim in May: "We won't be in that position again..."

Tim now: "I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division...if we do, we will be stronger next year."

Tim next year: "We won't be in this league again, we will get promoted"

Tim at the start of the season: "We just need to stay in the championship..."

Yeah good shout, our form at the end of the 8-0 season was really good.

Compare those two defences as well. Any team with that defence against Chelsea would get smashed.

Edited by sexbelowsound

Sherwood after the match

"Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year."

What the ****? Didn't you say this summer that we wouldn't be in the same trouble we've been the past years? Now you're saying IF we stay up we'll be stronger next year?! Stop talking and try as hard as you can to be, at least, a mediocre manager. He's a joke.

He can go now. Wont be missed by me. Don't talk so much if you don't have what it takes.

That's it I'm out, he needs to be replaced.

Its not the result today but the manner of it. Lets not get all giddy about "the fightback" we were battered from start to finish by a team that hadn't scored more than 1 goal since QPR last year. A side so nearly dumped out of the cup by the Carlisle, and what does Tim do? That's right he drops 2 of the players that dragged ourselves into the next round of the cup (I gave Veretout a lot of credit on Tuesday).

I said at half time that the following 20mins would determine if I could still remain supportive of the Manager, I wanted to see how he reacted to being played off the park. This isn't the first time this year his tactics/substitutions have been questioned,

2-0 up away at Leicester he brings on 2 strikers.

1-0 down at home to WBA he brings on a defender.

The team selection against SHA, which brings me onto today. Lescott was absolutely turd against SHA just 4 days ago, so why on earth did Sherwood think that he would fair any better against an England international?

He simply has no tactical nous what's so ever, I believe he genuinely thinks that the 'up and at em' approach is all you need in Management

Lastly, style of play. Can anyone see what we are trying to achieve? An identity he is trying create? I don't, all I see is a collection of players running around not knowing what they are supposed to be doing. Even more worrying is that every week seems to be different, its either all out attack (see Leicester) or slow defensive drivel like the baggies, which actually mirrors his almost bipolar personality. If he is not smugly dancing about trying to pat himself on the backback after a win, he's almost crying in interviews after a defeat.

That is not the sort of personality we need for the impending Relegation battle. He needs to leave now.

Â