The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Sherwood should get the same amount of time that Lambert got.

Lambert had far too much time - and if that was the 'rule', Moyes should still be at Man United and would be for 20 years.

sherwood has been given a better chance than lambert had.

Rubbish. Lambert had unbelievable support from the fans for a long time. A lot have already turned on Sherwood.

Are these all the same fans? Maybe they are different fans?

who said different? You're so desperate for a moan you fail to grasp the point being made.

"Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year."

If we do. If we stay in the league? **** 'if'? What happened to not being in another relegation battle if he kept us up last season?

As for our performances have merited better? **** off you deluded **** charlatan.

You know what happens when managers start talking bollocks. Problem maybe, sherwood has done it from the start of his tenure.

"Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year."

If we do. If we stay in the league? **** 'if'? What happened to not being in another relegation battle if he kept us up last season?

As for our performances have merited better? **** off you deluded **** charlatan.

i'd say our performances merit 4 more points. We deserved a point against palace and to beat Sunderland. 

The thing with Lambert is that he had a few seasons' worth of management before joining, and he did meet the expectations he was given until he was completely defeated in the end.  Sherwood has no experience to fall back on, acts and talks like a muppet and seems to be making very basic errors and I worry whether he has it in him to actually learn.  

Why is he so reluctant to play Gil?

i'd say our performances merit 4 more points. We deserved a point against palace and to beat Sunderland. 

I wouldn't agree, but on top of that some of our performances have frankly deserved minus points.

Lambert gave himself the time he got by keeping us up while spending peanuts on both fees and wages.  Sherwood has spent close to £50m on fees and been in a position to offer big wages, he needs to be getting it right from the off as on paper he has a good squad. Unfortunately he lacks some really simple basics required for a manager at this level and doesn't seem to be learning, I said I'd give him til the halfway point of the season before judging him but if we could get Big Sam in tomorrow I'd be all for it as Sherwood seems so clueless and keeps making the same mistakes over and over...

Lambert had far too much time - and if that was the 'rule', Moyes should still be at Man United and would be for 20 years.

Rubbish. Lambert had unbelievable support from the fans for a long time. A lot have already turned on Sherwood.

yes we were very patient with lambert(hard to believe from us eh) but that had a lot to do with people being excited about his arrival and the fact he came across as a decent quiet bloke. sherwood on the other hand was not wanted by many and comes across as a prick(which does not mean to say he is) sherwood has been very fortunate with the money he has had, not saying lambert had nowt to spend but lambert was working on a tighter budget regarding transfers and wages. im not saying i want sherwood out, but at the moment hes doing nothing to convince me. rest assured he needs more time and he will get it.

Sherwood has a very experienced and accomplished team of coaches working with him. Not sure what the power dynamics are but a few of them probably need to start speaking up a bit more by the looks of it. 

• Like 1

Lineup today was close to perfect .(only ayew or sinclair could be debated imo, both have been shite in the prem so i dont care which one). Fine with starting tactics of trying to contain liverpool a bit and CA. (also fine playing that style after the first goal, which sherwood cant be blamed for, we would have got destroyed if we suddenly went pretty attacking imo). Thought we should of pressed a bit higher  and be more attacking towards end of the the first half and throughout the second half though.

Always thought he was a cock, that interview is a joke but its far too early to get him the sack. Probably give him until christmas too be honest. Just hope injuries/fitness go our way so we can get the actual first 11 out.

A perfect line up wouldn't of had Lescott in it as he has shown he is dog shit and well past it, can't run, can't read the game, he is terrible and proved it to Sherwood with his performances for us so far but Sherwood persists with dog shit and expects a different out come......

That starting midfield suggested to me that he was scared of losing. Which sort of goes against the philosophy he had portrayed since being here. It suggests to me that he is showing signs of nerves and coupled with Tuesday night, it doesn't bode well for him. 

That Liverpool team was poor today but we conceded midfield to them, which was poor IMO. 

who said different? You're so desperate for a moan you fail to grasp the point being made.

I presumed you were talking for every Villa fan on earth (again).

That starting midfield suggested to me that he was scared of losing. Which sort of goes against the philosophy he had portrayed since being here. It suggests to me that he is showing signs of nerves and coupled with Tuesday night, it doesn't bode well for him. 

That Liverpool team was poor today but we conceded midfield to them, which was poor IMO. 

I think what he was trying to do was just keep it tight and keep the pressure on and get the crowd on their backs, but Milner's goal effectively blew that out of the water and we were under the cosh.

Sherwood didn't really have any answer to the situation and it took him a good 30 minutes to get a grip on the situation.

Lineup today was close to perfect .(only ayew or sinclair could be debated imo, both have been shite in the prem so i dont care which one). Fine with starting tactics of trying to contain liverpool a bit and CA. (also fine playing that style after the first goal, which sherwood cant be blamed for, we would have got destroyed if we suddenly went pretty attacking imo). Thought we should of pressed a bit higher  and be more attacking towards end of the the first half and throughout the second half though.

Always thought he was a cock, that interview is a joke but its far too early to get him the sack. Probably give him until christmas too be honest. Just hope injuries/fitness go our way so we can get the actual first 11 out.

A perfect line up wouldn't of had Lescott in it as he has shown he is dog shit and well past it, can't run, can't read the game, he is terrible and proved it to Sherwood with his performances for us so far but Sherwood persists with dog shit and expects a different out come......

yup, and then we play the other defender who makes a ton of mistakes also and then sherwood gets shouted out for starting clark when he makes his mistake. Both are as bad as each other and both make a ton of mistakes.

Edited by gharperr

I presumed you were talking for every Villa fan on earth (again).

well that was silly. 

line up I can maybe go with, but tactics, when you see skrtel/Sakho advance into our half unchallenged a be able to pass the ball around, whilst you can see our midfield backtracking into our defence time and time again is not good tactics, if we had pressed them (like you mentioned) and pushed midfield up to defend our half we would have had a chance of getting ball and building play. That has to have come from the manager

Edited by TonyDaley

when you have rudy who cant press because of his incredibly slow pace. The defenders are going to be running into our half quite a bit with the ball unchallenged

skrtl with the ball > players OOP allowing their midfield to get on the ball

Edited by gharperr

I think what he was trying to do was just keep it tight and keep the pressure on and get the crowd on their backs, but Milner's goal effectively blew that out of the water and we were under the cosh.

Sherwood didn't really have any answer to the situation and it took him a good 30 minutes to get a grip on the situation.

You can't expect a manager to change the system right after going behind in the first minute. I think he was right to try to play safe for as long as he did. It might have worked if it hadn't been for that absurd 3rd goal.  

It really worries me how quick some are to jump on the manager's back, thinking they know more about the game than he does.

yup, and then we play the other defender who makes a ton of mistakes also and then sherwood gets shouted out for starting clark when he makes his mistake. Both are as bad as each other and both make a ton of mistakes.

Clark got out muscled by Dann vs Palace and got done in the Sunderland game after being left exposed, other than that he has been fine and was brilliant last year. Lescott has already made more mistakes in 4 games than Clark has in the past season and quarter.!

Edited by Bunnski

Â