The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

There's no chance Fox allows Sherwood to completely change the squad and back room staff and then sacks him 8 games in. Keep the hate going boys, he'll be given a fair chance to succeed or fail.

Thr new Richard, No disrepect Rich.

Gotta give Jonah credit, when he is in, he is all in. Absolutely no fence sitting, right or wrong.

• Like 1

There's no chance Fox allows Sherwood to completely change the squad and back room staff and then sacks him 8 games in. Keep the hate going boys, he'll be given a fair chance to succeed or fail.

if I'm saying this in 2 years time then maybe a good comparison. It's been 8 games with his squad. Let's face it, you'd be posting the same cry moan whoever was in charge. 

seems like hes lost most people on here already. all i know is that hes spent a lot of money and we are no better off than we were under lambert in terms of results and performance but on paper it seems we have a better team which counts for naff all. i was not sure about his appointment but my biggest concern was if we got off to a bad start(which we have) that he would not be able to handle the pressure and the fans would turn on him pretty quickly which i think is starting to happen.

Don't let the late rally when we had nothing to lose fool anyone. Liverpool were totally there for the taking, we lacked the game-plan to exploit it.

This was a game where all the pressure was on them open the game. Just had to have a sound defensive structure (which we did in the first-half) and hit on the counter. This got me thinking, why can't Sherwood implement an effective counter approach? Obviously you don't want us to revert to the one-dimensional counter-attacking side we were previously but there are games in which it is our best shot (cup final screams out) and we just don't do it. The only game under this manager I can think of in which we did was Spurs away. 

But anyway, this will be one of the most winnable of our upcoming fixtures and we messed it up, so God knows where the win will come from. Stoke absolutely must-win. Fail to win and I'm afraid to say that idealism goes out of the window when it comes to affording the manager his due time.

I think Sherwood would've implemented a counter-attacking approach if he had the right players fit for it.  To me, Gabby and Traore would've been perfect against Liverpool - but he was (essentially) without both of them.  I have no real problems with the lineup or tactics today to be honest.  Potentially should've played Gil instead of Sinclair, but I was happy to see the 3 central midfielders play and I think that was the right defensive lineup too.

We played in that manner (counter-attacking) against Leicester and it worked a treat.

• Like 1

Gotta give Jonah credit, when he is in, he is all in. Absolutely no fence sitting, right or wrong.

i don't think Sherwood is some sort of messiah. Whoever we'd got I'd be all for giving them time with their squad. Absolutely ridiculous to look at our last 5 years and demand the manager is sacked 8 games into major changes within the squad and coaching staff.

if I'm saying this in 2 years time then maybe a good comparison. It's been 8 games with his squad. Let's face it, you'd be posting the same cry moan whoever was in charge. 

tumblr_m0yuzz0MXz1qeiqfao1_400.gif

• Like 1

i don't think Sherwood is some sort of messiah. Whoever we'd got I'd be all for giving them time with their squad. Absolutely ridiculous to look at our last 5 years and demand the manager is sacked 8 games into major changes within the squad and coaching staff.

It was a compliment you silly sod. Take it.

• Like 1

I like this idea that we're so good now our manager costs us when we leave anfiels with 0 points.

I'm not sure if you watched the game, but he absolutely cost us points today with his tactics. Liverpool's defence was shocking, looked at sixes and sevens whenever we attacked but our tactics seemed to be to attack and test their defence as little as possible.

What happened to the Tim Sherwood that set us up perfectly and battered Liverpool and Man City last year? If I didn't know better, I would have thought that was Lambert out there today all timid on the touchline and not even getting out of his seat. Very odd, I hope he isn't slowly retreating into his shell like Lambert was.

The thing is, we know were going nowhere, Sherwood knows he isnt up to it, the board know hes not up to but they also know that they cant sack him until it gets to dire straits or the media etc will say Sherwood isnt given a chance. A manager is either good enough or he isnt, black and white. A 5 game stretch doesnt change that. He's not good enough, never will be. Get rid now so were not marooned in the relegation zone in January leaving the new guy with no time to change it up.

• Like 1

But anyway, this will be one of the most winnable of our upcoming fixtures and we messed it up, so God knows where the win will come from. Stoke absolutely must-win. Fail to win and I'm afraid to say that idealism goes out of the window when it comes to affording the manager his due time.

Ludicrous. Liverpool were excellent today, and Sturridge amazing. The Reds started the game on fire. We have no player yet on par with Sturridge.

I didn't like the game plan from Tim, and I didn't like how our defenders and midfield got punch drunk and aimless at the end, but to act like Liverpool is some kind of pub team ...

Edited by Plastic Man

This is pure speculation but I wouldn't be surprised if we've already made tentative contact with Allardyce or at the very least discussed it. He's the stand-out out of work manager at the moment with a record of keeping teams up and Lerner and Fox won't want to see him go to Sunderland.

Â