The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

OK genuine question. What do people think are Sherwood's strength's as a Manager?

Motivating, but I am not sure if that works all of the time.

I'll try and think of some more.

To my mind it hasn't really worked all season. 

Yeah watching our players performances, if motivation is Tim's strong point, we're in serious trouble.

• Like 1

I actually think we had looked pretty good overall the beginning of season, until Leicester's first goal against us. Sure, we dropped points against palace and Sunderland when we shouldn't have, and it wasn't always perfect, but it looked promising. It's been three games since Leicester: a cup win and two bad league games. I'm not a Sherwood fan, but I can easily see him being able to turn it around. 2 wins from next 3 and it'll look much brighter again.

OK genuine question. What do people think are Sherwood's strength's as a Manager?

Motivating, but I am not sure if that works all of the time.

I'll try and think of some more.

A motivated team does not come out and lose a goal wthin 2 minutes to a shte Liverplop.

Unlike Sherwood and his substitutions I hope the board reacts before it is already too late

Luckily they won't. One thing the Villa board isn't and that is reactionary.

So what if we're 4 points off chelsea. Last time I looked they were off to theor worst start for yonks. 

Why do people always highlight other underperforming players/teams to make out that we arent that bad.

It was just a joke, chill dude...

Sherwood should get the same amount of time that Lambert got.

Lambert had far too much time - and if that was the 'rule', Moyes should still be at Man United and would be for 20 years.

sherwood has been given a better chance than lambert had.

Sorry mate, but you been on the crack pipe? Lambert had years, Sherwood has had a handful of games with his players. 

Sherwood deserves to at least Christmas before his position is reviewed

what i meant was in terms of having money to bring in top players, did not mean time scale. yes id see how things are at xmas before id even think about getting rid.

Very disappointing, our play is regressingly majorly aswell.

We were good to watch early March to early May 2015, did I just imagine it or did it actually happen? Schooling Liverpool in that cup semi, being the better team at WHL, demolishing Sunderland, there was so much good stuff in that run (yes I know a lot of it was down to Benteke) that I was reasonably looking forward to this season although I wasn't expecting top half or anything.

West Brom, first half v SHA and most of today just looks like the bad old days of Lambert.

I'm old fashioned in that I like to give managers to xmas. You've played every team once, 20 games or thereabouts so you certainly know then what season you're in for. I'd make a chance then but of course if we keep on losing the trigger will be pulled.

Hysterical overreactions.

He's had a handful of games with his players. If we are still in the bottom 3 at Xmas then agreed, we might need to look at action. Demanding him to be sacked now is crazy IMO. 

I conversely think that anyone that wants nothing to change until at least Christmas is crazy. Have we learned nothing from previous seasons. 

Tim already has the startled rabbit look that previous managers acquired towards the end of their tenure here. Once that has happened I can't see him turning it around, and persevering with him is just going to make it worse for us in the long run, we can't stick with a shit manager too long, again.

He has no idea. His team selections and formations are baffling. When I see the line up I sit there trying to work out where the hell he's positioning the players, because it's never their natural position. It just leaves the players looking confused and disinterested. He gets repeatedly outwitted in by opposition managers, doesn't seem able to make simple tactical decisions that could help change the course of a game.

The worst thing is that in his interviews he seems completely oblivious that he's doing anything wrong. And if he doesn't see this, then things won't change, they won't get better by Christmas. So yes, in damage limitation I want him gone as soon as possible.

• Like 3

Â