The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We've tried bringing in 'young and hungry players'.

We've tried scouting Europe for unknown potentials.

We've tried three different styles of football under one manager, and then finally sacked him.

We've sold nearly the entire squad and replaced it with new players.

We've hired a manager with a more attacking intent.

We've tried it all. And we are still ridiculously shite. I'm not sure getting rid of Sherwood will make any difference. That's not to say I'm happy with his management this season. It's just that I've resigned myself to this club being shite and I can't see a way out of it.

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood: "We can't score two away from home and lose - it happened against Leicester as well. You score twice at Anfield and you expect to leave with something. I've told the boys their goals were avoidable and we have to tighten up - Liverpool did not have to work too hard to get them, and we have to put that right."

On Villa's poor start that has seen them drop into the bottom three: "Our performances have merited better than one win in seven games but I said from the start it would be an uphill struggle. We need to stay in the division and, if we do, we will be stronger next year."

Sorry folks thats a clear indication tims throwing in the towel time to get rid.

Sherwood said at end of last season we would not be in the same position this season. His reference to staying up is merely hes praying we stay up. A few months ago this cocky londoner was very happy and spouting how we will grow now hes gone into his shell.

You can tell from his dialogue hes lost confidene and keep harping on about the points total is wearing thin now.

Tim sort this out your running outta time villa park is horrendous when the fans want you gone.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/428514/Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood-PROMISES-they-WON-T-be-in-relegation-battle-next-year

"If we get out of this situation this season, we aren't going to be in it next year. Never. Because I will have the opportunity to build something and I won't let that happen again.

"There is enough to work with over a long period, I'm just hoping I've got enough time here to save the situation."

I'm all for patience but Sherwood has shown very little since the 'new manager' syndrome wore off.

He of course kept us up last season, but I don't see where our next win is coming from this season.

We've got a toxic mix of not looking very good as a team. We have a few individuals look good in games, but all at different times.

So Richards has looked good, and Amavi in parts, but our defence is appalling. Our midfield has been abject, Gana has looked okay at times, but he's been on his own and it's been fleeting. Up front, Gestede has looked shocking but has scored a few headers. Grealish looks skillful, but to little effect. Gil looks creative but doesn't get much of a chance and Adama has been injured.

I really thought that Sherwood deserved his chance, but his ridiculous decisions over the last three league games have made my mind up.

Maybe it is the right thing to give him until Christmas or whatever, but at the moment, on this current run of appalling losses, I'd be happy for Sherwood to go.

I think he will be given a chance to redeem himself, but I'm not convinced he will take it.

Aston Villa boss Tim Sherwood: "We can't score two away from home and lose - it happened against Leicester as well. You score twice at Anfield and you expect to leave with something. I've told the boys their goals were avoidable and we have to tighten up - Liverpool did not have to work too hard to get them, and we have to put that right."

when it keeps happening Tim maybe you should look at your setup, tactics and work done on the training ground.

• Like 1

Who would you replace him with?

As much as I hate to say it, I'd go with Big Sam. I Know people won't like it, they will say its not a 'forward thinking' appointment, but I suppose that depends on how far forward we are thinking. All I'm Thinking about is staying in the league, and I think Sam will almost guarantee that.

This year above all others, we simply can not afford to take Gambles, our future depends on us staying up.

Who would you replace him with?

Both Murat Yakin and Lucien Favré are avaliable.

I'd give both of them a call asap

And how long do they get before we want them out? 

Depends, will they make consistently bad decisions with no hint that they realise they know they are doing wrong?   

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/428514/Aston-Villa-boss-Tim-Sherwood-PROMISES-they-WON-T-be-in-relegation-battle-next-year

"If we get out of this situation this season, we aren't going to be in it next year. Never. Because I will have the opportunity to build something and I won't let that happen again.

"There is enough to work with over a long period, I'm just hoping I've got enough time here to save the situation."

Bloody hell Tim. Digging his own hole already by insulting our memory capability. 

• Like 2

Â