The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Hysterical overreactions.

He's had a handful of games with his players. If we are still in the bottom 3 at Xmas then agreed, we might need to look at action. Demanding him to be sacked now is crazy IMO. 

I conversely think that anyone that wants nothing to change until at least Christmas is crazy. Have we learned nothing from previous seasons. 

Tim already has the startled rabbit look that previous managers acquired towards the end of their tenure here. Once that has happened I can't see him turning it around, and persevering with him is just going to make it worse for us in the long run, we can't stick with a shit manager too long, again.

He has no idea. His team selections and formations are baffling. When I see the line up I sit there trying to work out where the hell he's positioning the players, because it's never their natural position. It just leaves the players looking confused and disinterested. He gets repeatedly outwitted in by opposition managers, doesn't seem able to make simple tactical decisions that could help change the course of a game.

The worst thing is that in his interviews he seems completely oblivious that he's doing anything wrong. And if he doesn't see this, then things won't change, they won't get better by Christmas. So yes, in damage limitation I want him gone as soon as possible.

I just happen to think 7 league games with practically a new squad is far too short a time to be making such a big decision. I don't want us to become 'that team' who's fans demand instant results or a new manager every few months. I thought we were better than that. We used to mock teams and fans that behaved like that.

I think we are showing glimpses that we can be much better. Yes, mistakes are being made but I remain optimistic and 100% behind Sherwood for the time being. I can still remember some of the football played last season under the previous incumbent and I believe we are a far better team now, we just need a bit of time to gel and perhaps a bit of good fortune for a change

Edited by Xela
  • Like 2

Think it is waaay to early to talk about sacking him. Pretty clear that the club management are backing him to bring through these young players and see a pick up of results. Personally, I always thought the first ten games were going to be hard.. but the Stoke game is looking pretty important for both sides right now!

• Like 1

Board need to react asap. How much time he's had doesn't have much do with it, there are other things to take into consideration.

Like what?

7 games into a season with new players isn't long enough

Board need to react asap. How much time he's had doesn't have much do with it, there are other things to take into consideration.

Er the amount of time is important...

It shouldn't be the deciding factor when considering whether he's sacked or not. Besides it's not as if he's just now walked through the door, he's had time.

Er the amount of time is important...

It shouldn't be the deciding factor when considering whether he's sacked or not. Besides it's not as if he's just now walked through the door, he's had time.

Time? Last season he had Lambert's squad and turned us around and kept us up.

He's had very little time with is own players. 

• Like 2

Like what?

7 games into a season with new players isn't long enough

Has someone rightly already pointed out, having a team of new players is reason enough in itself for us to get rid. Whilst they're bedding in we need someone who knows what he's doing not someone who's learning the ropes, It's such a shame to have a signed all these exciting players but not have a decent manager to coach them.

We just leak goals like a seive. And the biggest gripe for me is tims lack of changes and his inability to react. He is inecperienced but why the hell did we sign ayew veretout and not play them wrstwood and gabby do naff all yet are always playing. Gil was fantastic v leicester yet all of a sudden dosnt fit into our style. I genuinely dont think tim knows what tactics hes wants to play nor what players he wants. I just question what he is watching it cant be the same as us fans. I dont know bout you guys but i think timeneeds to watch the game from a better viewpoint he should watch from the standa next few games just to get a grip of our poor defending and decision making.

Edited by villan501

Has someone rightly already pointed out, having a team of new players is reason enough in itself for us to get rid. 

We've got some expensive new thoroughbreds who are very nervy and in a new country, so let's fire the trainer who brung 'em and hire a PROVEN mediocrity. That should help them settle!

Are seriously talking about changing manager again??

Lets give him abit more time. I think he should be given to december at least

People are finding it hard to accept that AVFC was saved by the skin of its teeth last year and faces a long, uphill battle, that will be scraped and grinded out with no guarantees. Everyone wants the quick fix.

Dumping Tim is an immature response to our situation. 

Edited by Plastic Man

So many of us have had enough i think its a culmination of all them poor seasons taking its toll. Sherwoods change of heart regarding us staying in the division suggests his confidence is starting to go he said wed not be in last season position again well we are. Theres no more money gunna be given lerner wont sanction anything else and have them sitting on bench like ayew and veretout this is very similar to mon when he did it with curtis davies and reo coker they were benched very similar fees to our new lads aswell.

Edited by villan501

Â