The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Because he clearly has a masterplan.  And he should be applauded for the ambition.  Forging a young, attractive attacking side for the future, risking short term anxiety for long-term flourishing is a Hell of a gambit for a rookie.  It's hard not to be swept up in the bravado.

I didn't like the appointment of Tactics Tim but to be honest he has impressed my hugely over the summer. He has the right idea of getting much better value foreign players rather than trying spend £8m on Tom Cleverly or signing has-beens like Joe Cole or Kieran Richardson. I'm not sure all of the signings will work out but at least he is trying which is all you can ask.

Also it's worth mentioning the huge value of having a manager with ambition and who isn't even considering battling relegation this season. With Lambert his dour, morose attitude and lack of ambition was taking the club into the championship. He did have his hands tied to and extent but he certainly didn't help himself. With Tim you get the feeling that the players are more optimistic that a top 10 finish is possible and that he won't settle for 0-0 draws or picking up a win here and there.

I think we'll be comfortably in mid-table this season and without wanting to tempt fate I think we might finish the season very well (injuries dependant). The lack of a goal scoring striker might cost us though.  

Villa were far to reliant on Benteke, I think the current squad has more goals in all round, I think goals will come from Gabby, Ayew,Gestede,Traore,Grealish,Sinclair. Whilst we may not have a 15-20 goal striker I expect these 6 to make a decent contribution over the season. We are much better off now than last year

Just sums up the loser mentality Lambert had

The crescendo moment in his management was a 6 - 1 win over the worst Sunderland side i seen in years

Tiger tim comes in and puts Gerrard and his cronies on their arse at Wembley i doubt he has a picture up in the office though

Edited by AshVilla

I still can't quite believe that story about Lambert having the 6-1 win over Sunderland in a framed picture in his office. That's the sort of thing Sherwood would piss himself laughing at

Cringe. If that was the height of his ambitions God help him. What would he have done if we won the league cup semi final versus Bradford?

I still can't quite believe that story about Lambert having the 6-1 win over Sunderland in a framed picture in his office. That's the sort of thing Sherwood would piss himself laughing at

Cringe. If that was the height of his ambitions God help him. What would he have done if we won the league cup semi final versus Bradford?

Lambert's tenure was a tough one for us but it was an important stepping stone to where we are now. We went from overpaid/old/shit to a much cheaper side with not a great deal of quality in it, managed to sell the best player from that regime, which in turn funded the next phase of the plan. 

We've modernised as a football club in this respect - where it's more about the club's plans and getting the right guy to fit the ethos, rather than just putting all of our faith into one guy and his methods. Sherwood is most definitely not behind all of this but he's certainly part of it. I'm keen to see how it plays out but I'm pleased with the way the club is being run at the moment. 

cant blame Tim that Bacuna had a **** brainfart at 2-0. Taking off Gabby was a terrible decision

bringing Ayew on for Gil and then Gestede for Gabby when we were under pressure, perhaps taking Bacuna off when his head at gone at 2-1 would have helped!

I believe it was Karl Marx who said "the first time tragedy, the second time as farce". Well this is the third time a team has made changes at half time, and this Villa side has utterly failed to adapt tactically, and has paid an enormous price. 

We have not coped with their change of shape, we have been second best throughout the second half, and Tim did all the wrong things. 

Taking Gil off was utterly stupid after scoring a goal like that, he was liable to produce more quality with that added confidence. Bringing Ayew on for GIl was even more stupid, rather than protect this lead Sherwood is bringing forwards on?

Bacuna was disgraceful all afternoon and he stayed on until it was way too late. We needed to sure up our right hand side and Sherwood did absolutely **** all. 

Well my worst fears about Sherwood (when we first brought him in) are coming true, he is utterly inept tactically, and that's putting it politely. He does not adapt, he does not make the right changes, he just does not have a clue. 

• Like 1

Â