The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

We have had a poor start but I think we are only 2 points down on pre-season predictions (as I suspect that only 6 points from the first 4 games was what quite a few would have expected). Last season we had a better start and some people started to get carried away when it was pretty obvious to others that the shit was about to follow. Let's take stock after about 12 games and see how it looks then. It's too early to call now.

Just out of interest what's a good return for you after 12 games? 15 points? more?

We have had a poor start but I think we are only 2 points down on pre-season predictions (as I suspect that only 6 points from the first 4 games was what quite a few would have expected). Last season we had a better start and some people started to get carried away when it was pretty obvious to others that the shit was about to follow. Let's take stock after about 12 games and see how it looks then. It's too early to call now.

Just out of interest what's a good return for you after 12 games? 15 points? more?

Looking at the next 8 league games then 15 points would seem a realistic return. I don't expect this season to be anything other than a season where we don't have to keep wondering whether we are going down. The players currently at our disposal appear to better than the gash that the previous 2 managers bought but to put so many new and inexperienced (at PL level) players together and expect much more than mid table obscurity might be a little bit naive.

Looking at the next 8 league games then 15 points would seem a realistic return. I don't expect this season to be anything other than a season where we don't have to keep wondering whether we are going down. The players currently at our disposal appear to better than the gash that the previous 2 managers bought but to put so many new and inexperienced (at PL level) players together and expect much more than mid table obscurity might be a little bit naive.

I'd take 15 and some good football every game after the last few years certainly. Would mean we'd be on course to finish on 47/48 points which would be good enough for 11th or 12th. That would be some solid progress pretty quickly. Young side too, I'd be very happy with that as it goes.

We've signed 2.

Yeah we have signed 2 but they are very much work in progress! They aren't exactly pulling up trees at the minute nor should we expect them to! What we need is a proven premiership striker just for this season!

I'd take 15 and some good football every game after the last few years certainly. Would mean we'd be on course to finish on 47/48 points which would be good enough for 11th or 12th. That would be some solid progress pretty quickly. Young side too, I'd be very happy with that as it goes.

I think getting 10 or more points in the next group of games is going to be very difficult. The games we're looking at are:

lei / WBA / liv / STO / che / SWA / tot / MCI

I don't see many victories in there, especially not without a goalscorer. I think we're going to be down on our target by some distance unfortunately. 

I said earlier that 15 points would be a realistic target after 12 games and it really should be. However, I wouldn't be overly surprised if we were sitting on 12 from 12.

Edited by pacbuddies

I think getting 10 or more points in the next group of games is going to be very difficult. The games we're looking at are:

lei / WBA / liv / STO / che / SWA / tot / MCI

I don't see many victories in there, especially not without a goalscorer. I think we're going to be down on our target by some distance unfortunately. 

3 wins a draw and 4 defeats is 10 points. I'd like to think we're capable of that from that run of fixtures? If not we shoudl be considering packing it in and maybe doing something else with the stadium. I hear lido's are all the rage again.

Once Sherwood has everyone fit again, I think we are going to pull off some shock results. I am sure like us, he would like another Striker but if it isn't going to happen I would love to see him pick Sinclair up front with Grealish, Gil and Traore in support.

Yeah I wouldn't write us off in those fixtures highlighted there. Leicester and WBA have had solid starts but we have to believe in ourselves that we can beat both of those two. 

I wouldn't expect Stoke, Tottenham or even Liverpool to just turn us over either. Like Mike just said we are more than capable of picking up some shock wins once everyone's in and firing. 

If wet spam can beat plop then so can we. We've a good recent record at anfield. Any result is possible. Hard to predict as results have shown in the first few weeks of the season.

Let's see what transpires after this run of games then appraise were we are. As someone said there's a few surprises I'm sure. Looking forward to the games nowadays win lose or draw.

Edited by nazvfc

The 3 Amigo's and Sinclair is a formidable prospect....but injuries to those players are staring us in the face.

In boxing terms.....I don't think they have the ring craft to negate that.

Well done Tim, I think you've done well this summer with the cards you've been dealt. I'm sure there's still enough of us who get what you're trying to do and who will have the patience to give the new players time to gel and settle in.

Just..... use all three subs when it's not going so great - please.

Edited by villarocker
  • Like 1

Â