The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Too many central defenders. Feels like he is doing a Tottenham/West Ham/Redknapp and buying too many players in the hope that some will make it and throw away the rest, and then start over next transfer window. Most of the players he has bought are of equal quality to those who are here. Talent wise, I don't think Ilori is any better than Okore, and it makes the buy of Crespo obsolete. Then you have those 3 with Senderos and Clark competing against Richards and Lescott. That is 5 central defenders on the bench!!!

Okore is injured and may not be back for a couple of months. At present we don't have any right sided cover for Richards in Llori we now do. Lescott and Clark will fight it out for left side. Senderos isn't wanted Crespo can cover all across the back line apparently. We have other defenders who Sherwood doesn't fancy but we can't get anyone to take them off our hands yet. For the first time in ages we actually have a pretty decent squad not just in numbers in quality. there won't be 5 central defenders on the bench probably 2 like normal!! After a cracking transfer window I was perplexed at people moaning but most just wanted more goals but congratulations you're the first to moan we have too many defenders!

What is the use of having 7 central defenders when only 2 are used each game? I fail to see the point of buying for the bench. Okore is supposed to be back early September, Senderos is still here, Crespo is cover for everyone but will probably not play at all. Ilori might play cup games. If he doesn't want to stay after this season then Sherwood has hindered the progress of someone who wants, like Okore.

It is nice to have a big squad, but when half the squad is defenders, it is a bit skewed. In comparison, Sherwood uses 3 central midfielders each game, yet the club has 4 recognized + Gary Gardner if he is ready. I find this a bit strange.

Majority of them can play all across the back four. Leaving the rest to battle it out for the middle pairing.

It's called versatility, it's called squad depth, it's called being prepared for the season.

• Like 1

Too many central defenders. Feels like he is doing a Tottenham/West Ham/Redknapp and buying too many players in the hope that some will make it and throw away the rest, and then start over next transfer window. Most of the players he has bought are of equal quality to those who are here. Talent wise, I don't think Ilori is any better than Okore, and it makes the buy of Crespo obsolete. Then you have those 3 with Senderos and Clark competing against Richards and Lescott. That is 5 central defenders on the bench!!!

That's such a **** lazy comparison. Please try harder.

I also love how you know just how good these players are when a few months back you'd never heard of them. You seem 100% sure Ilori and Crespo are here to play centre half and nothing else, so thanks for the ITK knowledge.

What tha f*** do you know about what I know? Try harder yourself. 

Where the f*** are you going to play 7 central defenders and 4 fullbacks? Or is Crespo and Ilori fullbacks? Then what is the point of 6 fullbacks?

It can't be so hard to misunderstand what my point is, but there you go.

Okore is injured and may not be back for a couple of months. At present we don't have any right sided cover for Richards in Llori we now do. Lescott and Clark will fight it out for left side. Senderos isn't wanted Crespo can cover all across the back line apparently. We have other defenders who Sherwood doesn't fancy but we can't get anyone to take them off our hands yet. For the first time in ages we actually have a pretty decent squad not just in numbers in quality. there won't be 5 central defenders on the bench probably 2 like normal!! After a cracking transfer window I was perplexed at people moaning but most just wanted more goals but congratulations you're the first to moan we have too many defenders!

What is the use of having 7 central defenders when only 2 are used each game? I fail to see the point of buying for the bench. Okore is supposed to be back early September, Senderos is still here, Crespo is cover for everyone but will probably not play at all. Ilori might play cup games. If he doesn't want to stay after this season then Sherwood has hindered the progress of someone who wants, like Okore.

It is nice to have a big squad, but when half the squad is defenders, it is a bit skewed. In comparison, Sherwood uses 3 central midfielders each game, yet the club has 4 recognized + Gary Gardner if he is ready. I find this a bit strange.

Majority of them can play all across the back four. Leaving the rest to battle it out for the middle pairing.

It's called versatility, it's called squad depth, it's called being prepared for the season.

Sure. 13 defenders for 4 spots. Good use of Villa's money and waste of players life and talents rotting on the bench,

I also love how you know just how good these players are when a few months back you'd never heard of them. You seem 100% sure Ilori and Crespo are here to play centre half and nothing else, so thanks for the ITK knowledge.

Where the f*** are you going to play 7 central defenders and 4 fullbacks? Or is Crespo and Ilori fullbacks? Then what is the point of 6 fullbacks?

I didn't misunderstand. I said it was **** lazy. You're comparing him to Redknapp because he has a deep squad. It's completely unfounded and clearly meant as a slur.

Ok I'll have a go...

RB

Hutton

Bacuna

CB

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Clark

LB

Amavi

Richardson

Utility

Ilori

Crespo.

Wasn't that hard. Bacuna will also play wing/AM. Richardson the same in a pinch, though most think he isn't good enough full stop. It only takes 3 injuries and that depth chart starts to pay dividends.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

I didn't misunderstand. I said it was **** lazy. You're comparing him to Redknapp because he has a deep squad. It's completely unfounded and clearly meant as a slur.

Ok I'll have a go...

RB

Hutton

Bacuna

CB

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Clark

Senderos

LB

Amavi

Richardson

Utility

Ilori

Crespo.

Wasn't that hard. Bacuna will also play wing/AM. Richardson the same in a pinch, though most think he isn't good enough full stop. It only takes 3 injuries and that depth chart starts to pay dividends.

You forgot one CB. Put him in for you. And utility players want to play as well. 

Edited by momo

Ok I'll have a go...

RB

Hutton

Bacuna

CB

Richards

Lescott

Okore

Clark

Senderos

LB

Amavi

Richardson

Utility

Ilori

Crespo.

You forgot one CB. Put him in for you. And utility players want to play as well. 

What's the problem?

If the defenders who ARE playing are good enough that the backups don't get a game, or if the backups aren't good enough to get into the first team squad, then we sell them.

What is the disadvantage to Aston Villa?

Got to say, I'm very excited about what we could be in a few years.

Amavi, ilori, okore, veretourt, Gana, Gil, Grealish, Adama and Ayew.

All of those have the potential to be top quality premier league players. Could be an amazing team in a few years if they all develop.

• Like 1

I fail to see the point of buying for the bench.

I totally agree, imo, we should just hire 7 homeless people to stick on the bench and used the saved wages to upgrade the first 11. Because y'know..whats the point of a squad/bench.

Got to say, I'm very excited about what we could be in a few years.

Amavi, ilori, okore, veretourt, Gana, Gil, Grealish, Adama and Ayew.

All of those have the potential to be top quality premier league players. Could be an amazing team in a few years if they all develop.

The sad truth is, they won't be here in a few years if they develop.

We just have to make sure we reinvest the money effectively to bring us up to a level where players that good will want to stay here.

• Like 1

I fail to see the point of buying for the bench.

I totally agree, imo, we should just hire 7 homeless people to stick on the bench and used the saved wages to upgrade the first 11. Because y'know..whats the point of a squad/bench.

That's my point exactly, smart ass.

Â