The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Brilliant first ever transfer window. Like the players we targeted and I think we've signed some real quality players.

Agree. I feel a bit like a spoilt child for being disappointed we didn't sign another striker today. However, on reflection, a very good window

• Like 2

The squad as whole looks very good. Only time will tell if we have enough goals in the team but after last year I don't see it being any worse so allied to a better defence I'm quite confident. Just looking at an 11 of only new signings it looks a lot better than last years. 2 weeks now to get them gelling more as we have some important games ahead.

He needs to start giving Kozak a chance now.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he can anticipate e.g back pass he scored from at Stoke and he also has decent movement in the box as the Cardiff and Southampton goals showed.

Give him until January to show he can have a long term future here.

Too many central defenders. Feels like he is doing a Tottenham/West Ham/Redknapp and buying too many players in the hope that some will make it and throw away the rest, and then start over next transfer window. Most of the players he has bought are of equal quality to those who are here. Talent wise, I don't think Ilori is any better than Okore, and it makes the buy of Crespo obsolete. Then you have those 3 with Senderos and Clark competing against Richards and Lescott. That is 5 central defenders on the bench!!!

He needs to start giving Kozak a chance now.

I'm not saying he's a world beater but he can anticipate e.g back pass he scored from at Stoke and he also has decent movement in the box as the Cardiff and Southampton goals showed.

Give him until January to show he can have a long term future here.

Agree. Out of all our strikers I think he has the best movement, although Ayew has shown he can get into good positions and I hope we see more of that soon.

We lost our 2 best players, and without spending an awful lot more than what was raised from sales we have a much stronger squad which (IMO) will likely score more, concede less, finish higher up the league and be more entertaining to watch.

Very, very well done.

Brilliant first ever transfer window. Like the players we targeted and I think we've signed some real quality players.

Agree. I feel a bit like a spoilt child for being disappointed we didn't sign another striker today. However, on reflection, a very good window

You may find that that was actually a mirror.

;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Too many central defenders. Feels like he is doing a Tottenham/West Ham/Redknapp and buying too many players in the hope that some will make it and throw away the rest, and then start over next transfer window. Most of the players he has bought are of equal quality to those who are here. Talent wise, I don't think Ilori is any better than Okore, and it makes the buy of Crespo obsolete. Then you have those 3 with Senderos and Clark competing against Richards and Lescott. That is 5 central defenders on the bench!!!

Okore is injured and may not be back for a couple of months. At present we don't have any right sided cover for Richards in Llori we now do. Lescott and Clark will fight it out for left side. Senderos isn't wanted Crespo can cover all across the back line apparently. We have other defenders who Sherwood doesn't fancy but we can't get anyone to take them off our hands yet. For the first time in ages we actually have a pretty decent squad not just in numbers in quality. there won't be 5 central defenders on the bench probably 2 like normal!! After a cracking transfer window I was perplexed at people moaning but most just wanted more goals but congratulations you're the first to moan we have too many defenders!

Okore is injured and may not be back for a couple of months. At present we don't have any right sided cover for Richards in Llori we now do. Lescott and Clark will fight it out for left side. Senderos isn't wanted Crespo can cover all across the back line apparently. We have other defenders who Sherwood doesn't fancy but we can't get anyone to take them off our hands yet. For the first time in ages we actually have a pretty decent squad not just in numbers in quality. there won't be 5 central defenders on the bench probably 2 like normal!! After a cracking transfer window I was perplexed at people moaning but most just wanted more goals but congratulations you're the first to moan we have too many defenders!

What is the use of having 7 central defenders when only 2 are used each game? I fail to see the point of buying for the bench. Okore is supposed to be back early September, Senderos is still here, Crespo is cover for everyone but will probably not play at all. Ilori might play cup games. If he doesn't want to stay after this season then Sherwood has hindered the progress of someone who wants, like Okore.

It is nice to have a big squad, but when half the squad is defenders, it is a bit skewed. In comparison, Sherwood uses 3 central midfielders each game, yet the club has 4 recognized + Gary Gardner if he is ready. I find this a bit strange.

That's such a **** lazy comparison. Please try harder.

I also love how you know just how good these players are when a few months back you'd never heard of them. You seem 100% sure Ilori and Crespo are here to play centre half and nothing else, so thanks for the ITK knowledge.

What is the use of having 7 central defenders when only 2 are used each game? I fail to see the point of buying for the bench. Okore is supposed to be back early September, Senderos is still here, Crespo is cover for everyone but will probably not play at all. Ilori might play cup games. If he doesn't want to stay after this season then Sherwood has hindered the progress of someone who wants, like Okore.

It is nice to have a big squad, but when half the squad is defenders, it is a bit skewed. In comparison, Sherwood uses 3 central midfielders each game, yet the club has 4 recognized + Gary Gardner if he is ready. I find this a bit strange.

Okore isn't very good, Clark can be ropey at times and I don't think Senderos will be used in the squad

He's utilised the scouting network very well, great window.

Work around the pitch still has work to do. He's a motivator who needs to improve with selections, subs and systems.

Kept us up well last year, but even then showed little in terms of in game changes.

Hopefully we won't see Bacuna in midfield again, you can't have someone so oblivious on there, and I'd love to know if Kozak is ever going to play when Gestede isn't firing, or do we just leave him on all the time?

His biggest weakness at the moment, imo, is reacting to changes during the game. I think we've seen a number of times other managers change things around and us struggle to adapt to that change.

Sunderland was the latest example, although we still did enough to win the game after their changes.

Hopefully this is something he's working on.

Regardless, I think Tim will comfortably steer us clear of relegation this season.

Well I'm excited, we bought a shed load of players and gave the whole team a long overdue overhaul.  I didn't really know anything about a single one of them, and I'm still very much in the dark...but I've seen a few of them play in realtime now and most of them are giving glimpses of their individual skills htey were obviously bought for.

I think we need a little time, but it's gonna be okay...I'm gonna say comfortable mid table finish with our best performances coming towards the end of the season.  Some real mouth waterers at time with the likes of Amavi doing his lone runs.

We had 5 Central Defenders last year and people were moaning that Lambert didn't buy more in January.

Now we've got 7 and people are still moaning.

Maybe 6 is the magic number?

Pretty sure 3 is the magic number

If the last five seasons have taught us anything it's that centre halves seem to get crocked at twice the rate of any other position and if you lack depth in that position you end up with the likes of Chris Herd playing there.

Â