The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

One change isn't the reason we lost the game. I don't think he will be brining Ayew on again any time soon, I thought we needed Gestede on to hold the ball and try slow the game down, but it didn't work.

Regardless, there were 8 players out there that dominated the game for 70 minutes, the last 20 minutes weren't just down to Sherwood's changes. The team needed to just control the game. I look at the bench and we need some experience, a Petrov/Barry type influence for the end of the games. I think I would take Kevin Nolan on a free.

This team is great for attacking and playing better football now, but when we need to defend and see games out we lack experience, both as a team and as a manager.

Well he's not wrong though if he. Even if the subs were the wrong ones, it was the individuals on the pitch that continually gave the ball away, not him.

A more pragmatic and experienced manager would have kept it tight for the final half hour. I thought Agbonlahor played well and kept their defence on their toes, as soon as that threat was gone Leicester squeezed us which led to many errors.

We've said it many times. He gets a lot right, but his teams have a tendency to get gubbed on occasion.

We CAN have things both ways.  I'm a Tim supporter, still, and yeah, the subs were naive and cost us, but the players have also let him down.  Of course they are mostly HIS players...

We don't know the tactical instructions given to the team when Gil comes off.  Gil's composure and his workrate were essential to us going two up.  Maybe he's asked Sanchez and Westwood to sit deeper and for Sinclair and Gabby to tuck in?  We don't know.  A manager only has so much purchase during a game.  I think Tim is a quick thinker, he'll learn from this and we'll be more than okay, but is it that huge a mistake to put his faith into the players who played so well in the first half?  Would the right thing be to play more conservatively?  Perhaps so, but Tim seems very aware that he's evolving a squad, blooding and bruising them, as much as he's here to win games.

Overall he still needs time.  I'm prepared to grant him that.  And really, what choice have we got?

Everyone saying he's tactically inept but he got it pretty spot on in the first 70 mins. I thought we really outplayed a very buoyant team.

I wasn't that worried about brining on Ayew for Gil. Carles was shot and needed to come off. Ayew was off pace again but can't blame Sherwood for that.

I'd have brought Veretout on for Jack he did naff all in the last 20mins. We were crying out for that solidity.

So tactics started well but in game reading and ability to react very poor.

Post game interview not great either but I'm not going to cry about that.

The worrying thing is he never seems to learn from his mistakes. If we lose either of our next two matches, I'd expect him to be sacked.

Are you serious?

The amount of dross Lambert served up for years and fans on here defended him, yet Sherwood loses a game and he should be sacked if we lose the next? Madness.

There would be 10x less of a melt down if we just lost 1-0.

• Like 1

The worrying thing is he never seems to learn from his mistakes. If we lose either of our next two matches, I'd expect him to be sacked.

Are you serious?

The amount of dross Lambert served up for years and fans on here defended him, yet Sherwood loses a game and he should be sacked if we lose the next? Madness.

There would be 10x less of a melt down if we just lost 1-0.

It's not just one game though, this goes back to the end of the season and the 6-1 loss to Southampton. His decision making is not a short term thing.

• Like 1

What a way to make an already shit time of the week even worse.

Never watching Villa on a Sunday afternoon again. :(

I honestly can't remember the last time we didn't regularly lose on TV. I know we've been shit for years but it's always seemed like we're disproportionately worse on TV. The only difference is that normally we play really shit and lose 1 or 2 nil whereas today we were ok for most of the game but just completely collapsed and ended up losing from being 2-0 up, which in a way is a lot worse.

Â