The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Yeah it's an interesting point, although Sherwood acknowledged the fitness levels when he arrived and addressed it.

On the tactics issue we've lost a couple of matches but we've reacted positively with some acute changes to formation and personne.

I think Sherwood knows his tactics, as do those around him.

The pitch invasion Vs West Brom. That's when something changed at the club... the negativity just seemed to disappear. It's like a light was switched on, or something clicked. There has been a different feeling since and I can completely understand the outpouring of emotion leading to the pitch invasion.

That's what the commentator for the FA cup semi said. It was all the out pouring of emotion and relief.

The pitch invasion Vs West Brom. That's when something changed at the club... the negativity just seemed to disappear. It's like a light was switched on, or something clicked. There has been a different feeling since and I can completely understand the outpouring of emotion leading to the pitch invasion.

That's what the commentator for the FA cup semi said. It was all the out pouring of emotion and relief.

It was a random comment from me, but I watched the last 10 minutes of that game again today and realised just how much it meant. 

WhoScored.com@WhoScored 5 hrs5 hours ago

Aston Villa: Since Tim Sherwood took charge, only Man City & Arsenal (19 each) have scored more goals in the PL than Aston Villa (17) #avfc

I bloody love that stat. I know it's hard (as others have said quite correctly) to extrapolate Tim's part of this season over a whole season. But I'm very optimistic about next season, and for me, optimism and hope are key parts of being a supporter. You always need to feel that ''maybe we could" feeling, which was absent under Lambert, certainly towards the end of his tenure.

This!

I even lost that 'maybe we could stay up' feeling when Lambert left!

Thank f*** for Timmy Tactics... Bloody love the bloke I do!

What do you mean Timmy Tactics??? He ain't got none!! You ask Spuds fans!!

Thats what he makes people believe...

Leads them into a false sense of security...

Then BLAM!!! Hits them like an angry wombat with a frying pan...

• Like 3

Saw this amazing stat to, he is one of only 10 managers in the history of the premier league to have a win percentage of over 50 after 30 games in charge. The other 9?

Arsene Wenger

Jose Mourinho

Sir Alex Ferguson

Claudio Ranieri

Rafa Benitez

Carlo Ancelotti

Andre Villas-Boaz

Roberto Mancini

Manuel Pellegrini

He's in good company...

• Like 1

Saw this amazing stat to, he is one of only 10 managers in the history of the premier league to have a win percentage of over 50 after 30 games in charge. The other 9?

Arsene Wenger

Jose Mourinho

Sir Alex Ferguson

Claudio Ranieri

Rafa Benitez

Carlo Ancelotti

Andre Villas-Boaz

Roberto Mancini

Manuel Pellegrini

He's in good company...

He's probably had the players with the least ability to work with in that list as well. I don't mean that in a bad way by the way! 

Edited by Xela

Arsene Wenger - Arsenal

Jose Mourinho - Chelsea

Sir Alex Ferguson - Man Utd

Claudio Ranieri - Chelsea

Rafa Benitez - Liverpool

Carlo Ancelotti - Chelsea

Andre Villas-Boaz - Spurs

Roberto Mancini - Man City

Manuel Pellegrini - Man City

Tim Sherwood - Aston Villa/Spurs

He's in good company...

30 matches. What a random figure to choose to make a list from - bit meaningless really, but nevertheless he is clearly doing a good job. 

Im guessing this is the amount of matches Sherwood has managed?

• Like 1

I remember when Sherwood took over I think he said we would need six wins to survive. At that moment, I thought he was close to crazy.. so low was morale and poor the teams performances that I couldn't see where the next point was coming from. He really has done a terrific job. Developing a huge man crush on him, as I am sure you are all too.

This. I was very sceptical to begin with. Felt as though he had no experience to help us with the fight against relegation. I honestly thought we were screwed when we appointed him. Very wrong indeed. Shows how much I know.

Arsene Wenger - Arsenal

Jose Mourinho - Chelsea

Sir Alex Ferguson - Man Utd

Claudio Ranieri - Chelsea

Rafa Benitez - Liverpool

Carlo Ancelotti - Chelsea

Andre Villas-Boaz - Spurs

Roberto Mancini - Man City

Manuel Pellegrini - Man City

Tim Sherwood - Aston Villa/Spurs

He's in good company...

AVB will have been with Chelsea.

The mind boggles at what he may do once he's had the opportunity to bring a couple of his own players in.

I felt quite flat when the appointment was announced-Based completely on total ignorance and the assumption that Sherwood was just a number 2, stepping up. I now feel we potentially have the most promising home grown manager the PL has seen for some time.

Christ you're right. Forgot he was there, looks even better then.

Indeed.

The 30 game number is a little bit arbitrary but it's all they have to go on. It's not too far off a full season, will be very interesting to see where he sits after 38.

Â