The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

The boards silence has been deafening.

we need to acknowledgment though that the problems at our club extend beyond the managers.

Acknowledged, it really is...but what can we do?

For now I'm punching the air with delight that ffrom the circumstances we have given ourselves the best possible chance of survival.

He had to go and thankfully they did it quickly. Now we have to depend again on the incompetent idiots who run our club to get it right. Unfortunately nothing will surprise me and the odds are against them getting it right.

I don't think it was a mistake from Day 1. He kept us up when it looked like we were doomed last year. However, once things started going badly, he showed a total inability to identify the problems and sort them, and in the end he oversaw an alarming collapse in form and confidence. Sadly his reign is probably defined by the Southampton and Leicester defeats, rather than the Sunderland and Cup Semi-final victories.

I personally wish him all the best and hope he gets another job quickly. He's one of the few managers I enjoy listening to because he doesn't mince his words and he's entertaining. I think he might go on to do well somewhere else, but his time was up here sadly.

• Like 2

A few weeks too late I'm afraid but still, there's enough time for us to stay in this league. What we need is a manager with experience and decent calibre. What we don't need is someone with zero experience of top level football (Bob Bradley) or another moronic chancer (Nigel Pearson). 

We have to get this next move absolutely spot on, unfortunately I have no confidence in the buffoons we have for decision makers at this football club. 

I would be happy about this, but I'm not, not because I like Sherwood or rated his work here, I rate him as the very worst manager we've had in the premier league. I'm not happy because Aston Villa Football Club is an absolute disgrace right now, an utter farce and it's an utter tragedy for the fans who support this great club. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

Â