The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Probably the rug being pulled from under him by the owner

Given a fiver to spend and told to save us from relegation

Well that is completely not true. Our teo best players were going to go no matter what.

We have brought in two 10m players and I am sure there are plenty of funds to bring in more.

The fact is we finished 17th last season, we have been in a relegation battle for 5 years. The vast majority of players do not want to come here. We need to keep searching.

Well that is completely not true. Our teo best players were going to go no matter what.

We have brought in two 10m players 

Gueye was £6mil I think mate

Edited by Pilchard

Point remains though, he was powerless to stop the players that have left from leaving and the club has supported him in buying new players and by the looks of the numerous links to several players the club will continue to support him

There hasn't been any rug pulled from under him, the sniping at Lerner is as childish as it is pointless

• Like 1

Allegedly refusing to do media after friendly games according to the Mirror, saying it's a time for action instead of words. Basically he's completely pissed off.

TBF I don't blame him. This summer the media have jumped on every bit of news and spun it negatively. Bemteke photoshopped in a Liverpool top. Calling Delph a bottler. Sky not reporting our signing only our departures. Even picking us out of 3 teams that have gone to xxxxl shirt sizes anything to give us a dig. We've won 2 friendly games and every question would've been about how we are falling apart. I for one hope he doesn't play the media games this season. Just do good interviews on AVTV and I'll be happy. The press don't do anything for us so don't do anything for them.

I don't blame him at this point in time.  Very little good can come from interviewing now.  It would just be about Delph and Benteke and there's not much that can be added to that story.  Best to wait until some arrivals come in and then talk about the club looking forward to the season with the fresh blood on board.

I agree. I'm actually glad he hasn't really mentioned the Delph or Benteke moves tbh. If anything he say's indicates him being pissed off the press would have a field day making us look even more negative and desperate than they already do. Better to say nothing than to say anything triggering negativity around the club at the moment. 

• Like 1

I quite like the fact he's refusing to speak to the media to be asked about a 1000 questions about Delph / Benteke.

Just get on with the job of replacing them.

totally agree

Allegedly refusing to do media after friendly games according to the Mirror, saying it's a time for action instead of words. Basically he's completely pissed off.

TBF I don't blame him. This summer the media have jumped on every bit of news and spun it negatively. Bemteke photoshopped in a Liverpool top. Calling Delph a bottler. Sky not reporting our signing only our departures. Even picking us out of 3 teams that have gone to xxxxl shirt sizes anything to give us a dig. We've won 2 friendly games and every question would've been about how we are falling apart. I for one hope he doesn't play the media games this season. Just do good interviews on AVTV and I'll be happy. The press don't do anything for us so don't do anything for them.

to be fair, they haven't mentioned our accent, perhaps they are saving that chesnut for when we are winning.....gotta find something the poor loves.

I don't blame him at this point in time.  Very little good can come from interviewing now.  It would just be about Delph and Benteke and there's not much that can be added to that story.  Best to wait until some arrivals come in and then talk about the club looking forward to the season with the fresh blood on board.

Another example of Tim putting his ego to one side and become a more astute figure head at Aston Villa.

• Like 1

A rare good decision by the Villa PR ( supposedly ) to not allow Sherwood to talk to the press, which will no doubt attack him fiercely over Delph and Benteke. Well done for once. 

It would be harsh if they attacked Sherwood for those departures. Both had clauses that were nothing to do with Sherwood. The Delph debacle was utterly unprecedented - Delph should surely be the focus of the press's attention on that one.

Wait, there were people who even after the Horror show in Hull DIDN'T want Paul Lambert sacked? That boggles my mind and I was a supporter of his for a very long time.

tbh not that I thought he was doing anything of a good job but I can't go to that place where I want a fellow human being sacked. I mean my judgement of the whole situation was that he was suffering from depression. Been there done that myself and actually got sacked as my performance at work suffered. I saw a buttload of the symptoms. I think the club should have helped him... maybe they did. I don't really know. Just can't go to that place where I want a human being to be sacked when they are having a rough time. Obviously he may have been well happy and I just misread the situ. Just didn't want him sacked. Think things turned out okay though :)

So we still spent money and lerner hasn't pocketed it all and hasn't pulled the rug from under sherwood?

Wait, there were people who even after the Horror show in Hull DIDN'T want Paul Lambert sacked? That boggles my mind and I was a supporter of his for a very long time.

tbh not that I thought he was doing anything of a good job but I can't go to that place where I want a fellow human being sacked. I mean my judgement of the whole situation was that he was suffering from depression. Been there done that myself and actually got sacked as my performance at work suffered. I saw a buttload of the symptoms. I think the club should have helped him... maybe they did. I don't really know. Just can't go to that place where I want a human being to be sacked when they are having a rough time. Obviously he may have been well happy and I just misread the situ. Just didn't want him sacked. Think things turned out okay though :)

You're a better man than I then.

If he was working his ass off pulling 6 shifts a week at Tesco earning the 'living wage' and was depressed then yeah, I'd say go easy on the guy.

But he wasn't, he was pulling in a significant six figure salary to organise 11 men into something resembling a team between 1-2 times per week, sorry but I had/have no sympathy for him

• Like 2

Â