Carles Gil

bose

Not a week in week out starter for me.

Yeah he has his nice dribbling moments but when teams put 2 men on him as Leicester did he has no answer and loses the ball. Don't think next week is his sort of game at all, might be worth playing Ayew in number 10 position next week.

59 minutes ago, Chicken Field said:

I agree,, 

I also think that if we got two pacey wingers (Townsend,Lennon type) in instead of playing Gil/Grealish we would be in a much better position, it would suit our current strikers well.

We didn't play the one we have at the club anyway.

I've been a major defender of his in the past, but that was a 3/10 performance for me. Killed every attack, got bullied off the ball, created almost nothing. Really disappointing, I believe he can do better than that. I'd say drop him, but I didn't see any better options on the bench. If dropping him means bringing Sinclair back, then no way. 

• Like 2

As one of his biggest advocates, I agree, yesterday he was very poor and deserved to be taken off. I don't think a bad performance merits being dropped though. Otherwise we'd have very few players left, plus management doesn't always work like that. He'll know he didn't do well and I suspect he'll be motivated to do better next time out.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, BOF said:

As one of his biggest advocates, I agree, yesterday he was very poor and deserved to be taken off. I don't think a bad performance merits being dropped though. Otherwise we'd have very few players left, plus management doesn't always work like that. He'll know he didn't do well and I suspect he'll be motivated to do better next time out.

My concern would be that he will get bullied similarly V West Brom...

I genuinely thought he was very good against Palace. Didn't give them a minutes peace. More of that and he'll easily justify his place in the team.

We need guile and creativity. They can't all be 'solid'. It's up to Gil to find space. Let Veretout use his muscle to soften them up.

He created 0 chances yesterday, and killed more than 1 move by putting his foot on the ball.

We need guile and creativity. They can't all be 'solid'. It's up to Gil to find space. Let Veretout use his muscle to soften them up.

He created 0 chances yesterday, and killed more than 1 move by putting his foot on the ball.

If you read my post previous to that you'll see I agree. I want more of his Palace performances and less of the Leicester.

He worked hard against palace but he's the tip of the diamond and meant to be our creative link. He didn't do that. 

We're a terrible attacking team and Gil's limitations at the moment are adding to that. Doesn't look anything like the player that started under Lambert 12 months ago. 

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

When he gets the ball he looks up, expecting to see movement in front of him, because there isn't any he tries to do it all himself, taking on players and losing the ball.

That's part of the problem. At the moment he doesn't look like he can take on and beat a player. That restricts what he can actually do. 

3 minutes ago, WooJung said:

To those calling for him to be dropped, who would you replace him with? Grealish? Sinclair?

He was very poor yesterday, but I still think he should start.

Ayew, Ayew number 10. Does most of his good work outside the box anyway.

Â