Carles Gil

bose

And it's a rubbish comparison.

Of course Kozak would be pictured in training without featuring in games. He broke his leg, twice.

Surely the fact he was playing for the U21's in the first place is enough evidence to show he was initially out of favour, before getting injured.

The second part has nothing to do with the first. The original point was a player can be involved in training without being fit enough to play a game. Kozak is a player just like that.

They'll be questions marks over most of the squad. Saying he's undecided probably means just that. We won't know if Gil was set to play against Burnley so only time will tell. He looked a good player but I think he's becoming better every time he doesn't play.

We have seen his quality, e.g the goal he scored, his dribbling with the ball. Its not a case of getting better everytime he doesn't play. The limited time he has played, for me he looked better than Weimann, Gabby and is definately on par if not better than Zog (an I do rate Zog). So we don't need to justify his qualtiy, its not as though he was shit and is now better since he hasn't played (i.e Bent), not at all.

It's looking like if you rate Sherwood 100% you believe he has made the right decision not playing Gil. The guys who still have reservations are not so biased can see its a bad move not to give Gil his chance.

I don't rate Sherwood 100%, but his job was to somehow get the team playing much, much better than it did under Lambert, and to somehow stay up.  He achieved this using the players he thought would best do the job, and that didn't include Gil.  Yes, Gil possibly is better than some of the players picked, but Sherwood possibly saw that the players he was picking were better for the way he wanted to play, to achieve survival.

So, next season is a different kettle of fish altogether.

If Gil stays, and isn't injured, I'm sure he'll get his chance.  Hopefully we'll buy better better defenders and improve the team all round so Sherwood feels more confident in playing the "icing on the cake" players.  When we beat Arsenal, we'll need a big squad for Europe, and would need Gil then too.

That's exactly my thoughts. Sherwoods stated this yet people ignore that and the fact we were playing well and getting the results needed. I back Sherwood as he's our manager and at the moment he's doing exactly what he came to do and more only time will tell if he can continue to do so. Next year it'll be his squad I hope Gil can impress him enough to get in the side but Sherwoods done enough for me to be able to make those decisions.

Doesn't explain why he wasn't even in the squad for Burnley.

There's rumours he was injured but I've no proof either way but seeing as proof is the last thing needed to from an opinion on here I'll go with it.

• Like 1

Of course Kozak would be pictured in training without featuring in games. He broke his leg, twice.

Surely the fact he was playing for the U21's in the first place is enough evidence to show he was initially out of favour, before getting injured.

The second part has nothing to do with the first. The original point was a player can be involved in training without being fit enough to play a game. Kozak is a player just like that.

Its pretty obvious that he isnt getting picked because he's injured, isn't it?

The nature pf Gil's injury is completely different to Kozak's. Gil shouldn't take much time at all to get match fit again after returning to training... unlike Kozak. Gabby and Sinclair have both been injured since Gil and have both returned to the first team, which are much better examples than Kozak.

Sherwood doesn't rate him and thats why he's not playing, which is criminal imo, but it Sherwoods call and not mine (unfortunately)

• Like 1

Do you think the lack of playing time for Gil could be at Randy's request? I'm not trying to blame everything on Randy Lerner as he has done some good for the club as well as some bad, but could it be a case of Lambert begging for transfer funds and wages to be ok'd in January, Randy reluctantly agreeing, but once Lambert goes he asks Sherwood to thin out the 'unnecessary' earners (like Lambert was asked to do with the 'bomb squad stuff early on), and not play the new chap...?

There's an awful lot of guess work there, but it just occurred to me as a possibility. It's the kind of thing that we'll never find out though. It's probably nonsense!

Edited by alreadyexists

Do you think the lack of playing time for Gil could be at Randy's request? I'm not trying to blame everything on Randy Lerner as he has done some good for the club as well as some bad, but could it be a case of Lambert begging for transfer funds and wages to be ok'd in January, Randy reluctantly agreeing, but once Lambert goes he asks Sherwood to thin out the 'unnecessary' earners (like Lambert was asked to do with the 'bomb squad stuff early on), and not play the new chap...?

There's an awful lot of guess work there, but it just occurred to me as a possibility. It's the kind of thing that we'll never find out though. It's probably nonsense!

I really don't think so, I think if Sherwood thought he could do a job we'd have seen him.

I thought he looked okay when he played, simply because he created space we rarely see, but that was a Lambo hangover, Sherwood did the right thing not playing him because he knew what he wanted to get us out of the mess.

He's done that, plus given us an FA Cup bonus, I just hope Gil is still around and the lack of him at Burnley was about rewarding the players who got us out of the crap and not because Gil is being sold.

He's a talent, we need players like that and Grealish has exampled why those type of players are important.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Gil was signed for a few million from Spain where wages outside of Barca & Real are crap, would make zero sense to pin this on RL.

Its pretty obvious that he isnt getting picked because he's injured, isn't it?

The nature pf Gil's injury is completely different to Kozak's. Gil shouldn't take much time at all to get match fit again after returning to training... unlike Kozak. Gabby and Sinclair have both been injured since Gil and have both returned to the first team, which are much better examples than Kozak.

Sherwood doesn't rate him and thats why he's not playing, which is criminal imo, but it Sherwoods call and not mine (unfortunatley)

May or may not be true. Not sure you can class it as criminal after surviving and getting to the final.

But all the point was is that a player can not be fit enough to play a match and still be involved in training.

Edited by DCJonah

BTW, welcome back, "foreveryoung".

Missed ya!

Are you now in a position either to validate or withdraw your claim that Sherwood said in an interview that Kozak and Gil were to be sold in the summer?

Cheers chap.

I couldn't validate the claim as gospal so I didn't try. Not seen the guy since who told me so we can take it as rumour........at present.

Missed ya!

Are you now in a position either to validate or withdraw your claim that Sherwood said in an interview that Kozak and Gil were to be sold in the summer?

Cheers chap.

I couldn't validate the claim as gospal so I didn't try. Not seen the guy since who told me so we can take it as rumour........at present.

No, we can take it as made up bullshit from an obvious troll.......forever.

• Like 1

Missed ya!

Cheers chap.

No, we can take it as made up bullshit from an obvious troll.......forever.

If you say so! 

Really hope Gil stays.

Like people have said on here, he is a luxury player which I understand - but he has undoubted class. We've seen what he can do in little playing time he has had and it has made people excited. I sincerely hope Joe Cole get moved on and Gil gets to stay, because out of the two we'd get more from Gil in the future. 

Some of us would!

Thing is, we don't know what goes on at the club so any theories are just speculation. Sherwood may not like him, Gil may not want to be here, it may be a bit of both...

Edited by Xela

Not probably - definitely.

Missed ya!

Cheers chap.

No we cannot.

Carles Gil is a luxury player......who are valued when the substance players are all in place.

At Aston Villa they are not.....it's all about priorities.

I've heard from a reliable source* that gil is injured.

I've seen from the final league table that the manager has kept us up.

We are in the fa cup final.

I'll take my own view that the manager has no agenda against talented young Spaniards.

*Tim Sherwood.

• Like 2

Â