Carles Gil

bose

Yes I know it's most likely not true.

False.

It's not "most likely not true"

It's an utterly false, trolling, trick, designed to fool some people into posting bollocks like "Well, if that's true, it's very worrying.", and thus fuel the general underrcurrent of baseless dissent that underpins this thread.

So it's not "most likely not true".

It's NOT true.

So there is nothing more to say about it.

• Like 2

Not sure what interview it was, but Sherwood has confirmed Gil and Kozak are not in his plans for next season.

I don't think that's correct. There is no published interview saying anything like that as far as I can see.

Show your source or withdraw, Sir!

There is no source. It's just complete and utter rubbish. Hardly surprising either.

The thought that Sherwood would right off two players ( one who hasn't played a minute of football under him) is laughable.

That's the thing for me that shows it's very unlikely to be true.

Sherwood might have made his mind up on Gil already. At least he's seen him play and had him in training.

But Kozak has barely trained under Sherwood, let alone played a proper game. It would make no sense for the manager to have decided not to keep him at this stage.

Given FEY's absence since he posted it, it may be safe to say he's made this up.

Lets keep talking about it anyway

You're not obliged to read threads.

If you don't like what's being posted in a thread then don't read it.

Crying about it just fills the thread up with even more pointless posts for you to moan about.

You won't know you don't like it unless you read it.

False.

It's an utterly false, trolling, trick, designed to fool some people into posting bollocks like "Well, if that's true, it's very worrying.", and thus fuel the general underrcurrent of baseless dissent that underpins this thread.

It's NOT true.

Agree with this. It is the sort of baseless accusation that winds people up unnecessarily.

It's called spin. People don't need anything to be verified as fact for them to regurgitate shit over and over.

Therefore when something as egregious as making up an interview where Sherwood has said Gil will be sold because he doesn't rate him comes up, it needs to be stamped on and squished as quickly as possible, and the source named and shamed to invalidate the information. Or if not, it needs to be completely ignored.

Anything in between such as 'shocking if true' is enough to validate it and it becomes accepted fact to be brought up at will to suit arguments in the future.

Therefore, foreveryoung either needs to fess up or provide a source.

• Like 1

I'm going to guess Gil isn't playing as he is considered a winger by Sherwood and we are not playing that way. I would have thought he is a number 10 and could play in Nzogbias position. Be interesting to see who plays and what style we play against Burnley

False.

It's NOT true.

Yet you've posted about it as much as anyone.

And then moaning about people talking about it.

So maybe it's you who's "fallen for it"?

Do you have arguments in empty rooms?

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Given that Grealish is now established and Sinclair is rumoured to be an imminent done deal, the only hope I see for Gil is that he might be on such a relatively small wage that we can keep him around the place.  It's a pity for him that he has been dropped but I don't see it affecting Villa to any degree.  It's not like his replacement hasn't done well.  It's more a shame for him than for us.  Assuming for a minute that there isn't a big piece of this picture that we're not seeing as fans and that he really has no chance of getting back into the side, then he'll probably want to move back to Spain in the summer.  It's just one of those things.  A player we'll probably remember fondly, who was screwed over by circumstance and one who; for whatever reason; was never given the chance to fulfil his potential here.  Life goes on and hopefully he has himself a good career somewhere.

• Like 1

Can I just say what a lovely thread this is, thanks.

I'd rather this thread was here next season than Sherwood

CatAmongstPigeons1.jpg

• Like 2

Can I just say what a lovely thread this is, thanks.

I'd rather this thread was here next season than Sherwood

You've done it now. 6 weeks down the line, this will be brought up over and over again!

• Like 1

If I were another Prem team I'd be watching closely. Liverpool for example, if they get a massive wedge for Sterling, then there are worse ideas than taking a punt on Gil if he's just not wanted. He'd be a lot cheaper than a lot of the punts they made a mistake in signing.

Watford or Bournemouth.  If he does leave he deserves great thanks for scoring a goal that has helped us to get to a cup final,  maybe even win the bloody thing

Â