Petitioning for change?

samjp26

I guess my first point would be, is there any point?

Secondly, what needs changing? Well, a great deal, but I don't think the club realise just how many fans are screaming for things to be adjusted. I know we have the supporters trust, but are they really listening to whatever it is that is being raised in meetings? What if there were some sort of petition stating what we as fans think is going wrong. What are we unhappy with, what do we blatantly see that is in need of change. I don't just mean "sack Lambert" or "buy some new players", but deeper problems - AVTV, ticket prices, kit prices, the general lack of communication with us fans.

There are problems on the pitch and off the pitch, but I feel as if as much as we bang on about it on message boards to one another, the board or whoever is in charge of our club just don't care.

Maybe a petition isn't the correct thing to do, feedback from you all would be appreciated on the matter, but there are so many things that need changing with our club right now and for the first time ever in my life I can actually say that football is starting to annoy me. I love Aston Villa Football Club, we all do, but the only thing remotely the same as what I began supporting this club for is our colours and our stadium. Even the crest pisses many of us off.

I guess my first point would be, is there any point?

Secondly, what needs changing? Well, a great deal, but I don't think the club realise just how many fans are screaming for things to be adjusted. I know we have the supporters trust, but are they really listening to whatever it is that is being raised in meetings? What if there were some sort of petition stating what we as fans think is going wrong. What are we unhappy with, what do we blatantly see that is in need of change. I don't just mean "sack Lambert" or "buy some new players", but deeper problems - AVTV, ticket prices, kit prices, the general lack of communication with us fans.

There are problems on the pitch and off the pitch, but I feel as if as much as we bang on about it on message boards to one another, the board or whoever is in charge of our club just don't care.

Maybe a petition isn't the correct thing to do, feedback from you all would be appreciated on the matter, but there are so many things that need changing with our club right now and for the first time ever in my life I can actually say that football is starting to annoy me. I love Aston Villa Football Club, we all do, but the only thing remotely the same as what I began supporting this club for is our colours and our stadium. Even the crest pisses many of us off.

Actually sacking Lambert and buying some players would pretty much cure our ills - or even one of those. Problems is our chairman probably doesn't even know todays result - and if he does doesn't understand the significance of it..

Stop turning up, hit the club where it hurts; attendances will drop hugely anyway when we grace the Championship.

We won't get relegated but if we did and could actually win some games. I would enjoy it. I never go villa park now expecting to win

I am sure that we will end up the club we deserve.

Its easy to sit and rage on the internet or deride those they try to establish change, the silent majority will ensure Lerner has an easy ride, Lambert stays in his job and the club has the life strangled from it. But hey who cares?

• Like 2

As the Aston Villa Review podcast chaps said.... petitions, demonstrations - what's the point?

Lambert wont resign because his chairman is backing him by buying players for him.

Lerner out? Booo? He'd be first in the queue in that protest march.  He wants out. If someone was daft enough to give him £200m he'd be out the door but until that point you can call him all the names under the sun and it won't change anything. 

We're ****. In lieu of a new owner we're going down, this season, next season whatever. Its coming. 

• Like 1

The Villa Blog and a couple of other Blogs are trying to organise a protest where fans don't enter the ground for the first eight minutes of the Liverpool game. I myself think that's bad idea in a game we could do with something from.

The Villa Blog and a couple of other Blogs are trying to organise a protest where fans don't enter the ground for the first eight minutes of the Liverpool game. I myself think that's bad idea in a game we could do with something from.

I agree, fans protests might get to the players and affect their ability to score a goal.

• Like 1

Â