Petitioning for change?

samjp26

To be honest once Liverpool go 2 up and we have failed to muster a shot on target the crowd will turn. There is no need to organise anything, serving up diabolical clueless football as we do week in week out will guarantee a hostile respone at some point on Saturday

To be honest once Liverpool go 2 up and we have failed to muster a shot on target the crowd will turn. There is no need to organise anything, serving up diabolical clueless football as we do week in week out will guarantee a hostile respone at some point on Saturday

Always something to look forward to hey?

The Villa fans are as bad as the management at this time as far as I'm concerned.

Rubbish.

Rest of the post was OK though.

Fair enough, but there is a definite vocal minority who spout some utterly horrible things about OUR players and staff.  If you feel strongly about it say something, but have more than 4 letter words in your vocabulary first, and lastly, make sure the people you're trying to voice your opinion to can hear you, don't affect the poor buggers sitting around you.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1

To be honest, the 8minute thing just will not work. Too many people (like myself) will just walk up to their seats either not knowing about it or not caring for it. If the whole Holte End would do it, it would look really good. But, it just won't happen. Even if it did happen, what would it achieve? I'm sure the club are well aware the fans aren't happy, but untill Randy goes, we're a bit screwed.

I think the only thing we can really protest for is for Randy to spend a bit more money, so the £ sign is a good idea. The media are constantly talking about our lack of investment whenever they speak of us, it's probably the best angle to use to get some media attention and apply some pressure onto Lerner. But even then.... I really don't think he would care. 

• Like 2

just been on avillafan and some tosspot was saying there was nothing about this on here as all the mods are pro lambert.they may be villa fans but what a knob that guy was,also this protest is stupid.wait till after the match and protest then.

Always something to look forward to hey?

I cant see the game panning out any other way, I'm not sure all the players are behind Lambert anymore. Thats the impression I got looking at certain individuals during the Leicester debacle. I think Saturday may be the final straw I can see things turning pretty ugly, I just cant see a performance from this team under his guidance

The 8 minute thing is a brilliant idea, many fans will get involved in this purely because it's easy and they see others doing it. 

People won't stay away so there has to be a middle ground, it's a shame it couldn't have been at 11 minutes (huh huh) but any sort of attention is a good thing and the media will pick up on it as they have our many other fan interactions. Plus they like a story!

Someone said we won't go down, maybe not, but I'm sick of cutting it so close when we don't really need to, it only takes a few bad results to find ourselves in a difficult situation with an own goal being the difference between them Prem and the Championship........

The 8 minute thing is a brilliant idea, many fans will get involved in this purely because it's easy and they see others doing it. 

People won't stay away so there has to be a middle ground, it's a shame it couldn't have been at 11 minutes (huh huh) but any sort of attention is a good thing and the media will pick up on it as they have our many other fan interactions. Plus they like a story!

Someone said we won't go down, maybe not, but I'm sick of cutting it so close when we don't really need to, it only takes a few bad results to find ourselves in a difficult situation with an own goal being the difference between them Prem and the Championship........

I really don't think they will.

And "many" isn't good enough. Nobody will notice.

it's all or nothing.

It's already made the media via the Daily Mail.

"Aston Villa fans are proposing a large-scale protest in the Holte End for the visit of Liverpool to mark their frustration at the club’s direction."

Article also includes 'open letter' submitted by the blogs involved.

Great. Just what we need. I was hoping the Leicester game would be the low point, but this might mean that things can get worse still. Fantastic.

Things will get worse as long as Lambert is allowed to continue

The Lazio fand did a similar thing last year during the derby with Roma, they all waited outside until after kick off and came into the ground a few mins late to protest over lack of transfer spending in the summer

Reported as large scale?  Brilliant when it fizzles out as it surely and inevitably will we look even worse as a club

Brilliant

I doubt Aston Villa could look any worse, everybody else already thinks we are a joke of a club anyway

• Like 1

Why not all stand up and turn our backs for a minute during the game, maybe in the 11th minute...

Something like that is the most visually effective thing that could happen. Stand up, turn your backs and sing as loud as you can

Â