Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

He isnt great but are we really going to gain much by selling him, especially to a relegation rival? If the money automatically can be spent on a new player, and that money isn't otherwise available, the yes. But is that really the situation?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Nah - Tonev, Sylla, Holt, Dawkins... And that's just the last 4-5 years. Plus Heskey was a donkey.

Five worst, in order, have been Tonev, Sidwell, Bowery, Richardson, Bennett for me. Have been a Villan for 20 years and that they're all relatively recent says a lot. Honourable mention for Holt who just wasn't with us for long enough to work his way into the pantheon.

• Like 1

Was OK for a couple of games but for the most part completely absent and made us feel like we were playing with 10 men.

I don't think he's been our worst ever player by a long shot, but we would do good to get him off the books and get some cash for him. He's been that crap, I don't think we have to worry about selling him to Swansea.

Having said that, he'll now go on to be their top goal scorer this season.

If Gabby and N'Zogbia somehow had a baby it would be Scott Sinclair.

He's a mix of both of them but not in a good way, kinda like Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's children

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

It would be interesting for the statisticians out there to list all the duds we have signed in the last 10 years.

yes, all clubs do that.(sign duds)......but to the level we have?

crikey we take  the biscuit

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

It would be interesting for the statisticians out there to list all the duds we have signed in the last 10 years.

yes, all clubs do that.......but to the level we have?

crikey we take  the biscuit.

Not sure how often we've sold our leading scorer midway through a particular season though

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Not sure how often we've sold our leading scorer midway through a particular season though

Leading scorer?.....some goalkeepers score more

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Leading scorer?.....some goalkeepers score more

Sinclair is our leading scorer this season with 6 goals.  I can't think of us selling our top goalscorer in January before.  He only cost £2.5m as well, probably our best signing of the summer.  Shame if he went.

10 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not a fan but selling him to a team down there is daft. He can go in the summer. 

Why? What difference does it make to us? Their cash is as good as anyone else's 

1 hour ago, bojong said:

He isnt great but are we really going to gain much by selling him, especially to a relegation rival? If the money automatically can be spent on a new player, and that money isn't otherwise available, the yes. But is that really the situation?

If we had another 10 points on the board I would agree. As we are pretty much dead and buried I don't think that matters.

Plus if we can get shot of him and get a player Garde likes instead then it's better for us.

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Funny thing is most fans were happy when he signed in the summer, and waxing lyrical when he was scoring loads in preseason. Then again these are VILLA fans. :rolleyes:. Now he is absolute turd.

I was gutted when we signed him as I thought he was shit then and in nearly a year he has actually been worse than I expected

• Like 1

Â