Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I would love to know where the real Scott Sinclair has gone.  Is he being used incorrectly?  I don't think so.  I had him tipped as this season's star player.  Not a star.  The star.  On his day he can be.  But he's a shadow of his former self.  It's a damn shame because the real Sinclair could help us immeasurably.  There's a reason Man City bought him, and he showed us on a few occasions last season as a loanee.  When we got him permanent and he felt settled (and didn't he have a baby too IIRC?) I thought we had a gem on our hands, but he has completely flattered to deceive.

Same here - I thought he was going to score 10-15 league goals! It can't be a lack of desire - if he wasn't interested in playing he could have stayed at Man City.

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

the only reason City bought him was because they needed an English quota and he went for the money as everybody knew he wasnt good enough, he was crap at West Brom and has been shameful here. We are better off with 10 men than this "footballer"

City could have bought literally any player that was English for that quota.  The fact they decided on Sinclair, who was doing very well at Swansea at the time, tells me he was one of if not the best available English player at the time.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

City could have bought literally any player that was English for that quota.  The fact they decided on Sinclair, who was doing very well at Swansea at the time, tells me he was one of if not the best available English player at the time.

they bought Rodwell, Scott Sinclair and Richard Wright in that window. 3 duds to make up the quota

You don't remember or accept that certainly Rodwell and Sinclair were hot property at the time?   Tipped for a move because of their form for their clubs?  You're looking back with the benefit of hindsight because they flopped and many predicted that they would flop, but that doesn't change the fact that when they were bought they were some of the most sought-after English players in the Premier League.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GeordieVillan said:

Same here - I thought he was going to score 10-15 league goals! It can't be a lack of desire - if he wasn't interested in playing he could have stayed at Man City.

I actually think that's exactly what it is, because a desire to play and a desire to win/improve are quite different things. 

I think back to when i played football, of course I'd much rather play than be on the bench, but it wasn't the end of the world if I was. I was probably still hung over from the night before, I had a laugh with my mates, and had another skinful after the game, even the result was pretty irrelevant, good times. 

That's how I see Sinclair (swap partying with mates for loads of money and fit Missues), yes he took a pay cut because he'd rather play, anyone would, but ultimately he simply hasn't got the drive or motivation to work hard and make sure he plays and continues to improve. 

He may now move on "in order to play more" but I suspect that after his big money move to city, his motivation to play football is exactly the same as mine was. 

To have a laugh with your mates. 

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

they werent really sought after, nobody else wanted them except City as they needed quota players. Just like Delph no other team wanted him and he was going for peanuts

Delph situation is a little different I think, but I agree with your analysis of Sinclair and Rodwell. I assume Richard Wright will be their '3rd choice goalkeeper' when he's 55.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

they bought Rodwell, Scott Sinclair and Richard Wright in that window. 3 duds to make up the quota

What quota is there about English players?  I thought they had to be "home grown", but nothing about English?

2 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I want him gone but in a world when Naismith and Grabban are £8m players surely we can negotiate here?

but we are probably paying him close to his City salary which is probably more than Grabban and Naismith get combined

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but we are probably paying him close to his City salary which is probably more than Grabban and Naismith get combined

I can't believe that is true. He was coming of a few failed loans, he wasn't in demand.His contract was coming to and end in a year? SURELY not.

...wouldn't surprise me.

Â