Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

Scott Sinclair is another useless word removed that is stealing a living from our club.

along with Richardson,Bacuna,Westwood,Gestede, agbonlahor and Gana.

I would lump n'zogbia in as well, and Richards. All words removed who don't deserve to wear claret and blue.

words removed.

6 hours ago, WooJung said:

I've said this before, but he and Garde really remind me of Lambert and Weimann.

These are professional managers, why can't they just realize that some players are plain RUBBISH.

I really thought he was going to be a star when he first signed last season. I've never seen a wide player cross the ball less than him. Bizarre player.

1 hour ago, andyh said:

Scott Sinclair is another useless word removed that is stealing a living from our club.

along with Richardson,Bacuna,Westwood,Gestede, agbonlahor and Gana.

I would lump n'zogbia in as well, and Richards. All words removed who don't deserve to wear claret and blue.

words removed.

So N'Zogbia is an afterthought to Bacuna, Westwood and Gana :lol: ? 

When he first arrived and to a limited extent at the start of this season. He showed a good knack for getting himself into good positions in the box and as a result getting on the end of a few chances. He wasn't a clinical finisher but I was pleased he was at least getting himself in the position to score. He clearly didn't have the tricks or pace to regularly beat his man so he was a limited wide player but I could see that he would get some important goals over the course of a season.

That aspect of his play seems to have completely evaporated. I can't remember the last time he had a chance in the box.

So you add that to his other severe limitations and you are left with a real liability of a player. The amount of times he got out muscled when trying to hold the ball up yesterday was painful to watch and it was the first time I was screaming blue murder at Garde to make the the change that was so bleeding obvious. The last time my language was that filthy was 2nd half vs Leicester.

The only reason I can fathom for picking Sinclair over Traore is that he has been around the block enough to know where he should be at all times and works hard to give us a decent defensive shape. Problem is though the play breaks down so much when the ball goes to him that he keeps us on the back foot.

Compare that to Traore who not only holds the ball up under pressure but regularly turns his man and makes some kind of chance. I know he is a lazy arse in defence but he was on the pitch for 30mins yesterday and I didn't see a sudden change and our being ripped apart as a result of his inexperience.

Comparing the two is night and day for me

• Like 1

I'm not a fan, but I don't understand the personal hatred or calling him a pussy.

He's unable to impose himself on a game. He does work hard, and at times goes on useful runs.

But at the moment he's clearly lacking confidence and end product. We'd be better off with Gabby, absolutely no doubt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

because he refuses to make tackles and refuses to stand up and actually want the ball

At least when Downing was a pussy bottling challenges he made up for it when we had the ball

That's the perfect way to describe him. Downing without the ability. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â