Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

I've seen enough of him now to conclude that he shouldn't be starting games for us, I'm sure like the rest of the squad that his confidence is low but he strikes me as the type who doesn't want to roll his sleeves up and graft, Southampton away he gave up a number of times and didn't track back, one time nearly led to a goal only for hutton made a last ditch block.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2015 at 21:36, penguin said:

Agree entirely. They are basically the same player, Sinclair just has more pace.

I used to tolerate him because at least he could beat a man but he looked utterly useless today.

N'Zogbia actually tries to beat players though and can win duels. Sinclair is just a non-entity on the pitch.

• Like 1

Only works out wide, and even then it's on occasions. He was totally anonymous on Saturday and no surprise our system actually looked to be working once he went off.

I reckon he might have played himself out of the team on Saturday.

Another player who is woefully short of confidence and as a result, form.

We've seen that he is better than this and it seems to me that judging players overall ability on the confidence bereft run we've had is a bit foolish.

What I think we can tell from it is that if the chips are down, he's not really one to fight his way out of it like Ayew. He's definitely not a leader.

• Like 1

I think he's pretty much useless to us in our current predicament. At the start of the season, when the pressure wasn't there, he was doing quite well, showing that he's a decent finisher who could find space in the box. 

However, not only is his overall game lacking (weak on the ball, runs down blind alleys, no awareness and no final ball) but his character is just not what's required. He doesn't seem capable of stepping up and taking responsibility. Doesn't even show much fight for the cause. He seems happy to go hiding and blend in among the rest of the shite. Sorry but that's not good enough, and based on the players we've been linked with of late, it appears that Garde also feels the same way.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

He's good in flashes. 

90 minutes and he might give you 10 minutes worth of looking like a good player.

It's not enough. In our current state he's good enough to be a regular in the team, but he's one of the first players we should be looking to upgrade on going forward, or at least finding a system where he doesn't need to play (the second half vs Newcastle, for example)

Â