Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he showed desire today. Probably our best player in the first half but he goes missing too easily. Barely noticed him second half, and that header was terrible.

Harsh on the header, it was too high for him.  Gestede's miss was far, far worse.

Edited by bobzy

I like much of what he does, but if he crossed the ball, he could be alot better. Instead he gets himself into good wide positions and then gives the ball back to Hutton to cross from deeper and to Sanchez to cross from more central. Very frustrating.

Watford's reserve goalkeeper is probably the worst player in the Premier League, he was hopeless against us and an embarrassment when playing for Lithuania against England as well. He's someone who truly looks like a competition winner. 

Sinclair is absolute pants, and definitely in the bottom 5% though. 

• Like 1

In the first half particular he was one of the few players who looked like he wanted to take the game to Arsenal and not just sit back waiting for the inevitable defeat.

Unfortunately, for all his drive and determination, he doesn't appear to have the ball control and shooting skills to match his pace, so all his effort comes to nothing.

There you have it...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bobzy said:

Harsh on the header, it was too high for him.  Gestede's miss was far, far worse.

Fair enough, I'll have to see it again. My first reaction was that it was a shocker but if it was too high for him he gets the benefit of the doubt.

He always perks up when it looks like we're going to make a sub, like it worries him or something.

I propose we permanently have somebody stand there with the electronic board and one of our players warming up.

He was one of only two players to make an impact in the first half. It was limited and it lacked any true threat but he tried something and I prefer that to people backing out of stuff for fear of making a mistake.

And talk of him being the worst player in the league is laughable. For a start he's better than Lescott, Clarke, Richardson, Sanchez, Gestede and Gabby. And that's without needing to think about the squad too much! He's also our top scorer this season for someone who doesn't play as a striker. Don't get me wrong, I'm hardly his biggest fan but in a way that's worse - he's not great and he's still better than half our squad.

Looks like he's going to be the blind spot player of this manager, starting game after game after game despite doing **** all.

I was o.k signing him in the summer as I thought with what he showed end of last season he could be decent squad player, to come in for injuries and chip in with goals.

It's the playing week in week out that's the problem.

Â