Scott Sinclair

The_Rev

His attitude and performance were both a lot better tonight. Whether he's got enough to be a regular under Garde we will see. I'd forgotten he had the ability to dribble past players before tonight! More of the same please Scotty.

• Like 4

I thought he had a touch of nzogbia about him, had that great run at the start but then started to try (and fail) to take on 2/3/4 players at a time, didn't help that no villa player went anywhere near him to try and give him an option but he still ran himself down a cul de sac too often

His attitude and performance were both a lot better tonight. Whether he's got enough to be a regular under Garde we will see. I'd forgotten he had the ability to dribble past players before tonight! More of the same please Scotty.

yep I would continue with him as I think he at least tries to take the ball forward and he had a good attempt first half

I thought he had a touch of nzogbia about him, had that great run at the start but then started to try (and fail) to take on 2/3/4 players at a time, didn't help that no villa player went anywhere near him to try and give him an option but he still ran himself down a cul de sac too often

I don't think Richardson went beyond him once, so many times in the second half he'd have the ball and you could tell he was wondering where the **** his support was.

• Like 1

Looks one of our more positive players and shows some real class in flashes. It’s not quite happening for him on a consistent basis but he’s had a lack of football for a number of years. I’m confident that given more football on a regular basis and with the managers backing and an arm around the lad, he will come good and prove to be a very good player for us, and a steal at the ££ we paid.

• Like 1

I don't think Richardson went beyond him once, so many times in the second half he'd have the ball and you could tell he was wondering where the **** his support was.

This, a million times over, is our biggest problem generally. There is never any support for these guys when they do manage to break the lines. They are average, occasionally below average premier league players and we are asking them to perform like stars.

Where's the **** support? I shout myself horse with that line every week. I understand that high quality movement is not in everybody's locker, but surely just running towards the ball, or overlapping, isn't beyond even the most basic of footballers at this level?

• Like 2

This, a million times over, is our biggest problem generally. There is never any support for these guys when they do manage to break the lines. They are average, occasionally below average premier league players and we are asking them to perform like stars.

Where's the **** support? I shout myself horse with that line every week. I understand that high quality movement is not in everybody's locker, but surely just running towards the ball, or overlapping, isn't beyond even the most basic of footballers at this level?

Totally agree with these last 2 posts. The lack of movement has for too long been a massive problem. Every game is the same these days, the lack of movement in support of teammates is quite frightening at times. Just off the top of my head though I can remember the stoke game and Ayew received the ball from Hutton on the half way got surrounded and Hutton had turned his back on the play to get back in defence. He then got shouted at by quite a few in the crowd before turning back and realising his error. It was crazy moment but epitomised our ability to just switch off which has been all to frequent in recent years.

Edited by avfc1982am
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Â