The VT Deadpool 2015

bickster

Both I guess, but only one of the sports took its name from where he cheated/innovated* and named their World Cup trophy in his honour 

*delete as applicable 

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I genuinely couldn't give even a mouse-sized shit about rugby, but even I feel sad about this one . . . clearly an extremely talented guy, and way too young. RIP. 

I'd really struggle to name 15 rugby players.

The fact I'd have been able to name him, and know what team he played for suggests he was 'massive' in many ways.

• Like 1

I remember seeing him play against Ireland years ago. We were on the front row (of the stand, rather than the scrum) and when he walked past, it was unbelievable quite how much of a beast he was. The ground genuinely shook when he ran past us.

Not sure anyone in any sport has had quite the impact he had on rugby. Changed the game but still appeared to stay very humble. RIP

Shocking news to wake up to this morning. A bolt out of the blue as he was active on twitter only a couple of days back

RIP Jonah

Edited by Xela

• 3 weeks later...

Sad but entirely predictable and was a matter of time.

Remember reading a short while ago about him forgetting words at gigs, ranting at the crowd and generally looking off his head.

Shame.

I genuinely thought Weiland was already dead. Combination of famously being an addict and never hearing anything about him after Velvet Revolver binned him just made me assume he'd popped his clogs. Great front man but the drugs took their hold and that's tainted his career and now, no doubt, taken his life.

Â