The VT Deadpool 2015

bickster

On 04/12/2015, 16:49:21, mjmooney said:

Inevitably, never heard of him. I've heard of Stone Temple Pilots, but couldn't name anything by them, or tell you what they sound like (although I can guess). 

You might be surprised. I doubt you'd like his music, but you can get a good idea when you take into account that he was basically the replacement for Axl Rose when all the other Guns n Roses members decided to make another band, Velvet Revolver. Largely because he's a very similar presence, just minutes a lot of the ego and extravagance.

https://youtu.be/BKz2U4fvA4U

He was a very good rock front man. Unfortunately fell down the rabbit hole of heroin and coke. He stopped being able to really perform so kept getting dumped by bands, and looks like he relapsed terribly this year after being things together for a while.

On December 4, 2015 at 11:49:21 AM, mjmooney said:

Inevitably, never heard of him. I've heard of Stone Temple Pilots, but couldn't name anything by them, or tell you what they sound like (although I can guess). 

boring 90's commercial frat boy rock

• Like 4

On December 4, 2015 at 11:49:21 AM, mjmooney said: Inevitably, never heard of him. I've heard of Stone Temple Pilots, but couldn't name anything by them, or tell you what they sound like (although I can guess). 

boring 90's commercial frat boy rock

Yep, that's what I would have guessed.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The_Rev said:

Probably a guy who deserves his on thread, but Jimmy Hill has died aged 87. 

You're right, he does deserve his own thread. 

There can't be many individuals who have had as big an impact on the modern game. 

And he was mates with Raquel Welch. Rest in peace, Jimmy.

image.jpg

CURRENT STANDINGS WITH A WEEK LEFT:

ChrisVillan- 100 (Frank Borghi)

lapal_fan- 100 (Deidre Raslead)

maqroll- 100 (B.B. King)

Ponky- 100 (Richie Benaud)

Seat68- 100 (Jimmy Dickens)

Designer1- 34 (Christopher Lee)

Stevo985- 34 (Christopher Lee)

villa4europe- 34 (Christopher Lee)

Let me know if I've missed anyone...

Â