The VT Deadpool 2015

bickster

1 hour ago, Xann said:

Warren Mitchell :(

Very sad, good innings though. 

I remember seeing some of "Til death do us part" when I was younger, but not seen them for ages. Hopefully the BBC will repeat a few of them like they did with "Ever decreasing circles" when Richard Briers passed away.

On 14 November 2015 at 14:29:10, Shropshire Lad said:

Very sad, good innings though. 

I remember seeing some of "Til death do us part" when I was younger, but not seen them for ages. Hopefully the BBC will repeat a few of them like they did with "Ever decreasing circles" when Richard Briers passed away.

I have much of it on DVD. Safe to say it's unlikely to be broadcast any time soon. I don't think Ever Decreasing Circles had quite the level of racism and homophobia that Til Death had.

19 minutes ago, choffer said:

I have much of it on DVD. Safe to say it's unlikely to be broadcast any time soon. I don't think Ever Decreasing Circles had quite the level of racism and homophobia that Til Death had.

Yeah, you're most likely right. To be fair, my memory of the show doesn't extend much beyond "you silly moo!!". 

28 minutes ago, choffer said:

Cynthia Payne - 82. Inspiration for the excellent film, Personal Services.

My boss is related. Some of the family were so ashamed they changed their surnames to Black.

The Daily Mail did an interview with him when he was over here for the Rugby World Cup, he was doing hours of dialysis every day during his month or so in England and he said he was looking for a new kidney donor as his body had rejected the previous one he'd had transplanted.  While he was ill it seemed he was managing the illness or at least putting a brave face on it, he was tweeting normal stuff earlier today and was in Dubai yesterday.  Must have been a sudden thing.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhmQlxCDFSc

His place in Rugby history is cemented though.  He wasn't the greatest player ever but he was the guy who marked the change from the amateur era to what it is today, just a monster of a man. His demolition of England was the stuff of legend, I remember watching the game and feeling it was just one of those days where you had to take your hat off to the opposition. 

I guess at least he got to see the All Blacks retain the World Cup before he died. :(:( 

Edited by The_Rev

Ouch. Poor Jonah. Passed away unexpectedly in Auckland this morning (Wednesday). 

22 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

His place in Rugby history is cemented though.  He wasn't the greatest player ever but he was the guy who marked the change from the amateur era to what it is today, just a monster of a man. His demolition of England was the stuff of legend, I remember watching the game and feeling it was just one of those days where you had to take your hat off to the opposition. 

First Rugby superstar perhaps?

27 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

His place in Rugby history is cemented though.  He wasn't the greatest player ever but he was the guy who marked the change from the amateur era to what it is today, just a monster of a man

His place is cemented but I don't know why he'd be regarded as the guy who marked the change from the amateur era to what it is today.

Sad to see/hear Jonah go, though.

Hell no, but he symbolised a changing of the guard. You could argue he dragged the sport kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Everyone else certainly had to react to him and we might not have even seen the best he could have been as his kidney issues disrupted his playing career too. 

• Like 1

Â