January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Why would he ever want to come to villa?!

same reason pires came to villa, cuz he loved his time in england, none of the sky clubs are gonna sign him, why not villa....big club, big challenge, and not a london rival of arsenal

I somehow get the feeling that if we forget about buying Cleverly it won't automatically mean we'll have that 7.5 Million to spend elsewhere. Not sure if it works like that with Randy.

I get the feeling (sadly) that the £7.5m deal for Cleverly is already agreed, signed and sealed. The reason it didn't go through in the summer was because they ran out of time and because he wanted to go to Everton.

• Like 1

That crossed my mind as well, although I still think he can be a success.

You think Henry could perform in the PL still?

He couldn't.

He scraped by when he was on loan at Arsenal. And that was 3 years ago.

I haven't seen Henry play since he was at Barcelona, I was talking about Cleverly.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

Still looked good in the NYRB games I watched while in America over the summer, playing behind the striker threading balls through to Bradley Wright-Philips. Obviously PL a big step up especially pace wise and he is fairly ancient, in football terms, so I'd assume he's hanging up his boots and will go straight into a coaching role.

I'd really like us to sign someone of real class and ability who is past their best.

I watch most United games (dad's a United fan) and it's no surprise that Carrick returning has helped United pick up points, we need somebody who offers us that....how fit is Petrov?!...someone who can calm the game and settle others.

I do think we have that in Cole, he is confident in keeping the ball or finding gap for a pass, but we're still crying out for that out wide or in central midfield....and for more than 1 or 2 games a month.

Oh and earlier in the thread I posted about Trochowski, seems he's in a legal wrangle with Sevilla so he won't be playing football anytime soon.

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

Yes. He's match fit, and is a very intelligent player. He could walk right into this Villa side. 

Whatever Burnley want for Ings, and whatever anybody else offers, i would better it.The kid is going to be top class, his touch and confidence in front of goal is something you can't teach.Him playing off CB, with another good attacker, Ayew?, playing off him, save the money for Cleverley, and try and get Michu.

Whatever Burnley want for Ings, and whatever anybody else offers, i would better it.The kid is going to be top class, his touch and confidence in front of goal is something you can't teach.Him playing off CB, with another good attacker, Ayew?, playing off him, save the money for Cleverley, and try and get Michu.

Tell me how your season on Football Manager pans out.

I think that's the only way we'll be seeing that sort of business in January unfortunately.....

• Like 2

Doucoure from Rennes is who I want, he is a beast and would be an upgrade on delph imo and he is only 21.  He signed a contract last Summer but I'm sure he would be tempted if we went for him and were prepared to spend a few quid although that's where any deal will probably break down as Lerner is hardly likely to splash the cash.  

• Like 1