January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

The buy back clause has took all the excitement out of it for me

why? because if he's any good then valencia will want him back? if he's any good then man city will buy him for their bench...

Because Valencia will only have to pay something like 10 million and Man City would have to pay more?

I see no point in buy back clauses 

why? because if he's any good then valencia will want him back? if he's any good then man city will buy him for their bench...

Because Valencia will only have to pay something like 10 million and Man City would have to pay more?

i think they make sense for the selling club and im surprised more clubs dont insist on them, gary cahill when we sold him to bolton for example (obviously not anticipating Chelsea coming in for him) we sold him for around £2m, we should have stuck a £5m clause in there and then gone back in for him

• Like 2

i think they make sense for the selling club and im surprised more clubs dont insist on them, gary cahill when we sold him to bolton for example (obviously not anticipating Chelsea coming in for him) we sold him for around £2m, we should have stuck a £5m clause in there and then gone back in for him

We shouldnt have sold him in the first place!!!

• Like 2

He wouldn't have turned out as good if we didn't sell him though

That will be difficult, particularly how awful we are currently.

As I've said here the barometer has to be Sanchez who took a full three months to get the pace and put in good performances.

Think Sanchezs' is a harder position to get to grips with the pace of the Premier league for though, I'd hope it'd be easier for an attacking player to figure it out.....hopefully anyway!

Also worth mentioning that having a AM that can pick out passes forwards will be worthless if those in front of him stand like statues like they have been since we adopted this passing style.

• Like 4

He wouldn't have turned out as good if we didn't sell him though

thought we sold Cahill for 5.5 mil?

Can someone confirm if he is a number 10 or a winger. Given Lambert s preference for the narrow formation I kinda hope he's a number 10  (I m sick of seeing our so called wingers cut inside).

Considering there is £70m riding on us staying in the prem the buyback doesn't concern me.

He's 22 and has to hit the ground running, avoid red cards,  - but we are so poor if he has 4 good games between now and the end of the season - that could be enough. Agree about our strikers they have been desparate since we tried this passing game. 

Reported fee of £4m.......either our finances have improved or the panic button has been pressed.