January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I'm fine with a buy-back clause to be honest, Barca work in the same way with their younger players so why shouldn't the likes of Valencia?

Happy days, we get an attacking player for the weekend! :D

I wonder if any player has made their debut with 30,000 fans calling for the manager to be sacked. Coukd be interesting for him.

Not fussed about the buy back either. If he's good we still more than double our money on him. Win win for everybody

Surely he can't be forced to go back there. Doesn't it just mean that if we are going to sell him we have to accept their bid of that amount. We could demand more from other clubs if they show an interest

Well on paper just the player we need. He will be under enormous pressure to be a quick success.

For all his many fault's when Lambert has spent more than 4 million on a player he's generally done well, so I guess that's positive.

• Like 1

He doesn't seem to have played much this season so far. I'd be surprised if he came straight in. Especially when you think how hostile the atmosphere is likely to be.

Do not like buy backs at all, its almost as if you don't own him, its like yea if hes shite you can keep him but if hes good we'll have him back for not even 10m quid..

That's only if we want to sell him and he wants to go there.

Do not like buy backs at all, its almost as if you don't own him, its like yea if hes shite you can keep him but if hes good we'll have him back for not even 10m quid..

Doesn't work that way. He doesn't have to go back. 

Obviously would be better without one though.

But the player has to agree to the move doesn't he? If Valencia matched the buy back clause, Gil wouldn't be obliged to leave.

• Like 1

He doesn't seem to have played much this season so far. I'd be surprised if he came straight in. Especially when you think how hostile the atmosphere is likely to be.

Why would Lambert not play someone who could potentially be a creative spark in our team and take the pressure off him through fear of a potentially hostile crowd? That would be utter stupidity.

He could make his debut in a high pressure game with a toxic home crowd, and then be written off after one game like Sanchez was

Some of the comments about Sanchez at the time were insane if you think of how well he is done. I mean there were literally people saying things like "I know he won't make it, absolute rubbish".

Why would Lambert not play someone who could potentially be a creative spark in our team and take the pressure off him through fear of a potentially hostile crowd? That would be utter stupidity.

To protect the player and like I said given his lack of first team action this season throwing him into a premiership game against Liverpool if he's not ready could be a terrible decision.

Top players struggle to adapt to this league, I think it would be crazy to throw a 22 year old with 8 appearances this season into a high pressure game with a week of training under him.

In fact if he does it would show how desperate Lambert is.

To protect the player and like I said given his lack of first team action this season throwing him into a premiership game against Liverpool if he's not ready could be a terrible decision.

Top players struggle to adapt to this league, I think it would be crazy to throw a 22 year old with 8 appearances this season into a high pressure game with a week of training under him.

In fact if he does it would show how desperate Lambert is.

Well I'd like to think he will throw him in because if Lambert isn't desperate right now then I really have lost all faith in anything Aston Villa related.