January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

After being linked to so many attacking creative midfielders it feels like a miracle that we might actually be signing one.

Tonev was a cheap punt in the dark. Ol Gil doesn't feel like that.

a slightly more expensive punt in the dusk

On the OS, do they tend to be selective with what they publicise through their media watch or do they literally just trawl through the paper and throw up any old link?

They generally post any old Villa links that are out there.
  • Like 1

I hope the interest is true.

I know it's Spurs but if we're genuinely interested, and with the likelihood of losing Delph in the Summer, would anyone object to a swap deal now? I wouldn't!

I wouldn't either but i don't think he'd come here unfortunately Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

On the OS, do they tend to be selective with what they publicise through their media watch or do they literally just trawl through the paper and throw up any old link?

Seems so small time that. I thought they'd only focus on links that were potentially viable.

Seems so small time that. I thought they'd only focus on links that were potentially viable.

That's not small time, if they're going to do it at all they have to publish everything otherwise people will start reading into what does or doesn't get picked up.

• Like 1

That's not small time, if they're going to do it at all they have to publish everything otherwise people will start reading into what does or doesn't get picked up.

I appreciate that, It just seems an odd thing for a club to do "Just in case fans, here is some made up nonsense from the newspapers to keep you entertained whilst the football is so crap"

I appreciate that, It just seems an odd thing for a club to do "Just in case fans, here is some made up nonsense from the newspapers to keep you entertained whilst the football is so crap"

I think it's just an easy way to put some content out tbh. 

I hope the supposed interest in Dembele is accurate. Even though he's at a better club right now, many midfielders in his position have dropped down to the other end of the league, to re-start/invigorate their career.

Shelvey from Liverpool to Swansea.

Sigurdsson from Spurs to Swansea.

Huddlestone from Spurs to Hull.

Gibson (though not as good as the previous 3) from Man Utd to Everton.

Cleverly from Man Utd to wherever he ends up.

I don't think it's crazy to think that Dembele could come here. He could have better teams than us interested in him, but we can offer him a starting position (with Delph likely to leave), lots of games, and also another Belgian in the team.

I'd be happy with Dembele, Westwood and Sanchez as a midfield 3, then Dembele and Sanchez if we revert to a midfield 2.

Same twitter account that said we had a bid accepted for Carles Gil 4 days ago has said we have had a bid rejected for Dembele.

ds3qcOsx_normal.jpegHenry Smith @blankhenry1 · 30m30 minutes ago

Tottenham Hotspur have rejected a bid from Aston Villa for Moussa Dembele. #avfc #spurs #dembele #thfc

If this is true it would seem apparent that Delph has gone!

Same twitter account that said we had a bid accepted for Carles Gil 4 days ago has said we have had a bid rejected for Dembele.

ds3qcOsx_normal.jpegHenry Smith @blankhenry1 · 30m30 minutes ago

Tottenham Hotspur have rejected a bid from Aston Villa for Moussa Dembele. #avfc #spurs #dembele #thfc

If this is true it would seem apparent that Delph has gone!

Delph would be mad to sign a new contract now, he is gone!