January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Can someone confirm if he is a number 10 or a winger. Given Lambert s preference for the narrow formation I kinda hope he's a number 10 (I m sick of seeing our so called wingers cut inside).

Considering there is £70m riding on us staying in the prem the buyback doesn't concern me.

He's 22 and has to hit the ground running, avoid red cards, - but we are so poor if he has 4 good games between now and the end of the season - that could be enough. Agree about our strikers they have been desparate since we tried this passing game.

Reported fee of £4m.......either our finances have improved or the panic button has been pressed.

It's 4M Euro not £ isn't it?

The buy back clause has took all the excitement out of it for me

why? because if he's any good then valencia will want him back? if he's any good then man city will buy him for their bench...
Because Valencia will only have to pay something like 10 million and Man City would have to pay more?

I see no point in buy back clauses

i think they make sense for the selling club and im surprised more clubs dont insist on them, gary cahill when we sold him to bolton for example (obviously not anticipating Chelsea coming in for him) we sold him for around £2m, we should have stuck a £5m clause in there and then gone back in for him
We shouldnt have sold him in the first place!!!

We shouldnt have sold him in the first place!!!

He wouldn't have turned out as good if we didn't sell him though

thought we sold Cahill for 5.5 mil?

We did. I don't understand your point...

James Nursey: "Lambert wants him to play an attacking midfield role cutting in from the right onto his left foot"

That sounds like absolute tosh. Why or how would he know this?

Probably accurate, even if that isn't his natural game. We always have CNZ on the right and Gabby predominantly on the left cutting in. Same with Cleverley and Delph behind them in midfield. Narrow narrow narrow.

The buy back clause has took all the excitement out of it for me

why? because if he's any good then valencia will want him back? if he's any good then man city will buy him for their bench...

Yep, it seems pretty irrelevant except as a sweetener to his fans in Valencia (depending on the exact terms, of course).

Edited by CrackpotForeigner

I'm more worried now than ever. If Lambert is pining all our hopes on a relatively inexperinced Spanish midfielder then he's either a genus with a poker face at looking clueless or once again it's bargain basement fingers crossed he'll be good.

I have no problem whatsoever bringing in young talent but right now we need experience, and not the type of Joe Coles who's legs are gone or RIchardson who is a poor player.

If Gil sign's then I prey he's up to the task because without someone who can supply chances we are in big trouble.

Been talking to some Valencia friends and they rate Gil very highly, they see him as the next David Silva. They claim that Valencia dosen't what to sell him either but his after first team football and that's why they are selling him! 

I did some digging  some Valencia forums.

Gone back a few years.. he teared it up in the second division with Elche and helped get them promoted. He had quite a few injuries which halted his progress. Nothing major but niggling injuries. Sanchez was signed and Elche stayed up and he had quite a few assists for them. His technique in controlling the ball and dribbling is amazing but his finishing is poor. Decision making isnt the best. His best position is on the left wing.. some liked him in behind the strikers.. he was played on the right a bit for Elche and he wasnt very good in those games.

They seem to think he will add spark to our awful attacking side but wont assist or score as many goals as we need. I think Wiemann will improve with a player like this as he is the only player who makes decent runs. Howver we need to play him upfront.

• Like 4

So if we were to get Sinclair as well as Gil, could we actually line up with players relatively used to playing out wide on the wings instead of Gabby and Andi? That could potentially transform us tbh