January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

He could make his debut in a high pressure game with a toxic home crowd, and then be written off after one game like Sanchez was

Some of the comments about Sanchez at the time were insane if you think of how well he is done. I mean there were literally people saying things like "I know he won't make it, absolute rubbish".

An experienced international player struggled to get to grips with this league to begin with so likely Gil will take time to adapt as well.

• Like 1

Do not like buy backs at all, its almost as if you don't own him, its like yea if hes shite you can keep him but if hes good we'll have him back for not even 10m quid..

Doesn't work that way. He doesn't have to go back. 

Obviously would be better without one though.

Do not like buy backs at all, its almost as if you don't own him, its like yea if hes shite you can keep him but if hes good we'll have him back for not even 10m quid..

But the player has to agree to the move doesn't he? If Valencia matched the buy back clause, Gil wouldn't be obliged to leave.

Yea because players are fiercely loyal to Villa when the opportunity to jump ships comes about and their stock i s high..

• Like 1

An experienced international player struggled to get to grips with this league to begin with so likely Gil will take time to adapt as well.

No it isn't. It is on a player by player basis as to whether someone will settle quickly or not.

Yea because players are fiercely loyal to Villa when the opportunity to jump ships comes about and their stock i s high..

Very good point to be honest. 

Edited by sexbelowsound

But the player has to agree to the move doesn't he? If Valencia matched the buy back clause, Gil wouldn't be obliged to leave.

If he's doing well and other clubs are interested it doesn't mean he will jump at going back to Valencia.

Why would he go back to Valencia from the Premier League?

• Like 1

Not that I'm disputing that signings from other leagues [may] need an adaptation period but with Sánchez, it was more that he didn't have any preseason with Elche last summer. One thing I will say though, players from La Liga usually make an easy transition to our league.

• Like 1

Why would he go back to Valencia from the Premier League?

You mean a team that will probably be champions league this year or next and a club/country in which hes spent his entire life? No idea.

• Like 2

If he does as well as we hope he'll probably have bigger clubs than Valencia (no offence) trying to sign him and I presume that the clause doesn't count for teams other than Valencia.

Edited by useless

They shouln't need it but hopefully this potential signing gives Weimann and Agbonlahor  a warning that they need to do a lot better to get in the team.

Edited by useless

The clause doesn't mean anything, if he does well enough in the Premier league that they want to sign him back then it follows that other teams will probably try and sign him too, who will have more clout than Valencia.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

If he plays well, couldn't we just offer a him a new contract next year without the clause?

I think its for as long as he is here unfortunately.  Real Sociedad wanted to sign Carlos Vela to a new deal but to do that they needed to pay Arsenal some additional money to buy out their buy back clause.

Edited by sexbelowsound