January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Timmy Cahill please. He wont let us down. He's been playing upfront for years now. No need to worry bout his legs. He will show them how Professional he is and how to move upfront. Get it done

are we in for Cahill? would be awesome if we was,

How the hell are we supposed to get Cahilll signed in 90 minutes? Where in the world is he this evening? New York?

He's been released hasn't he? So a free agent, and can sign for anyone outside the window. 

What on earth do people think Tim Cahill will bring to the team? If he isn't scoring he doesn't offer anything. We have a similar play in that with Darren Bent. I doubt Lambert would sacrifice one of the midfielders to fit him in and rightly so.

Just a reminder that we did get a creative AM and a winger this window. 

That's what most people were asking for before the window. According to a lot of people on here we don't need a striker, just service. 

What on earth do people think Tim Cahill will bring to the team? If he isn't scoring he doesn't offer anything. We have a similar play in that with Darren Bent. I doubt Lambert would sacrifice one of the midfielders to fit him in and rightly so.

Goals. Movement. Threat from set pieces. Sign him up.

• Like 1

Goals. Movement. Threat from set pieces. Sign him up.

Wasn't he rubbish towards the end of his Everton career? And I'm sure there must be a reason why his current club let him go. At the age that he his maybe he'll go back to Australia and finish his career.

Edited by useless

He's two and a bit months younger than Joe Cole. I reckon he's got two season left in him, this one and one more. So that's about 18 months. For which we'll pay maybe £8-9m including the fee. That's half a million a month - or £120k a week. I'd take him on a free, but financially this is an appalling signing.

Entirely true. However we paid £24m for Bent and he paid for himself by keeping us up. If we stay up £8m is a no brainer.

In my opinion Bent is the worst signing in the clubs history. I don't want us to repeat that at any level.

It is easy to say Bent kept us up but if we'd paid £8m for a player like Benteke (as in a young player proven in a smaller foreign league) we would have likely stayed up and not given Bent near £10m for sitting on the bench. It was really awful business looking back.

However... I think Lambert would be on less wages, hopefully a short contract and no where near the fee. I don't think it would be too bad and I think a reason it hasn't happened sooner is we're making sure it is a financially sound transfer.

Maybe.

It's easy to say because he did.

I am totally not saying it was the best way to spend the money, I think Bent was an unmitigated disaster long term. short term he was gold.

Right now we need some short term solutions to our goal scoring problem.

A manager who knows how to use a striker perhaps.