January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

Pretty desperate in all honesty 

Sad states of affairs when likes of Palace can out spend us.

Gil will help but if other teams near us improve which looks like they will , we are going to be in big trouble.

Here's why the likes of Leicester and Palace can outspend us:

Their core when promoted was Championship players, on Championship wages, bought for Championship fees. They survived in the Championship with their income from that. They suddently come into the Premier League and they've got all this TV money coming into their coffers. That money is all profit that can be spent. 

We, on the other hand, have big wages, and Premier League associated expenses. We have no wiggle room. They have lots and lots of wiggle room

But net spend!!!! :detect:

• Like 2

Shame no more deals, definitely needed 1 or 2 more. Didnt Fox say Randy is as dedicated as ever?

I suppose other clubs are also less than willing to depart with their talent for smaller fees. Still, I think it is a bit premature to say that we will not sign anybody else this window.

Yeah looks like Lambert is saying take it or leave it to City and trying to force Sinclair's hand a bit, if he really wants to come he'll hand in a transfer request.

Agreed. He's basically said that we're interested in Sinclair, but that a deal hasn't been struck. So either we'll make no more signings or Sinclair/City will decide to get it done anyway, depending on what they really want.

• Like 2

Lambert said we are unlikely to sign anyone else.

Our squad is good enough.  We are not desperate for a player.  Simply PL should be doing better with what he has.  We have top 6 goalkeeper, a top 10 defence, a top 12 midfield and a top 6 striker.

A few tweets seem to think that the Spanish media are saying we've bid for Alberto Bueno, never heard of him (not that that means anything) but apparently he's a striker.

That's the Kinder speculation I like.

It's already been exposed as a likely lie.

i believe we will sign someone else

Any substance to that belief or you just have faith?

A few tweets seem to think that the Spanish media are saying we've bid for Alberto Bueno, never heard of him (not that that means anything) but apparently he's a striker.

It's already been exposed as a likely lie.

Oh someone has egg on their face ;)

• Like 2

It is long past the time the manager started to do what he has failed to do pretty much all season and get the best out of the squad of players he has at his disposal.

Which has been my main criticism of him for a while now. He should be doing better with what he has.

• Like 1

Its not going to be a surprise now though.

• Like 2

Lambert said we are unlikely to sign anyone else.

Our squad is good enough.  We are not desperate for a player.  Simply PL should be doing better with what he has.  We have top 6 goalkeeper, a top 10 defence, a top 12 midfield and a top 6 striker.

People keep stating these things.  How do we have, for example, a top 12 midfield?