January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

lol Milner. Come on guys.

Hey Alex Song somehow signed for West Ham. Why can't we get a former champions league player? Oh cause we have an owner who refuses to invest in the club anymore.
He can't invest any more because of ffp

Yes Lerner can. We are not in champions league. Plus it's not like he is investing much to begin with.

Our squad is not that bad. One more decent signing can get us to a comfortable mid table spot. A couple more quality signings could get us top 8 which would give Lerner more money.

Ffp is not just for teams in Europe. There domestic ffp too. How the hell do football fans not know this stuff at this stage

• Like 2

I have sympathy with those who get confused, you have to remember that FFP hasn't really ever been sold/explained in a way which is easy for the common fan to understand.  You hear news about the likes of QPR getting in trouble etc, but not a lot is done to explain the details in way simple way (no offence to anyone here btw).

Look at US sports - salary caps make it real easy.  Don't spend more than X, that's the simple rule.  

Over here it's different rules for different competitions, different amounts based on income, loopholes all over the place, etc, etc.  You have to take time to read up on it to fully understand it and that shouldnt be the case in a sport where it plays such a massive factor!

In more exciting and on topic news, that twitter guy says it's Toure we're signing today.

Another window speny busy doing nothing .

Except we've done more business than half the clubs in the league.

2015 january transfers:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/january-transfer-window-2015.html

The only teams to get 2 players in so far are: QPR, Swansea, Leicester.

As far as I know the only teams spending any real money have been Man City for Bony and Sunderland for Defoe.

2015 january transfers:

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/january-transfer-window-2015.html

As far as I know the only teams spending any real money have been Man City for Bony and Sunderland for Defoe.

Gil cost more than defoe

2015 january transfers:http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/january-transfer-window-2015.html

Gil cost more than defoe

Technically but I think they valued the transfer swap at £4.5m maybe $ though.

I wonder if City are signing Pogba then?

Perhaps City don't want to let Sinclair go to us until they know they have the Pogba deal sewn up?

Yep I think so. Pogba is probably Sinclair's replacement. Both world class.

• Like 2

Perhaps City don't want to let Sinclair go to us until they know they have the Pogba deal sewn up?

Maybe the Pogba deal is being held up because we can't agree terms over Sinclair?

Apparently Juve want €75m for Pogba and PSG are interested. Not being linked with Man City much over here, well not exclusively anyway. United, Chelsea and Real tend to get a mention too.

Did Thomas Toure sign the Bordeaux contract after our rumoured interest or before? No other rumours apart from him and Sinclair?

Maybe the Pogba deal is being held up because we can't agree terms over Sinclair?

Lol wut?

• Like 2

Lol wut?

Sure Utd wouldn't let Cleverly go til they were sure of Falcao and Di Maria. ;)

• Like 1

I have sympathy with those who get confused, you have to remember that FFP hasn't really ever been sold/explained in a way which is easy for the common fan to understand.  You hear news about the likes of QPR getting in trouble etc, but not a lot is done to explain the details in way simple way (no offence to anyone here btw).

Look at US sports - salary caps make it real easy.  Don't spend more than X, that's the simple rule.  

Over here it's different rules for different competitions, different amounts based on income, loopholes all over the place, etc, etc.  You have to take time to read up on it to fully understand it and that shouldnt be the case in a sport where it plays such a massive factor!

In more exciting and on topic news, that twitter guy says it's Toure we're signing today.

Yep FFP can get confusing. However a bigger obstacle for us is that we have a chairman who doesn't want to fund us. People don't seriously bekeive Randy is itching to give lambert £30m for players - but is prevented from doing so by FFP - whatever the flavour