January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

That's very kind Stefan. I'm not sure it's correct, but it's very kind.

Lump might be a bit unfair I guess, he's been a decent pro all his career, an Anichebe level striker for me, but six years older. I just think it's such a waste of an opportunity - if we have £5m and enough money for £50k a week, there's so much more we could do with it. If he's here for three years, he'll cost as much as two Gil's - he'll be dearer than a couple of Krkic's, more expensive than a Podolski, we could get such a lot more with this sort of money - instead, we're going to wait until the last minute to throw it away on a decent pro right at the end of his career.

Anichebe level? Sorry BOF but you're so wrong.

29 goals in the PL in 2 years and a hatful of assists. Anichebe has never hit double figures.

Steady on, no need to blame BOF!

• Like 3

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsHQS  4m4 minutes ago

Sky Sources: Rickie Lambert close to joining Aston Villa after £6m fee agreed with Liverpool for the striker. #SkyDeadlineDay #LFC #AVFC

Southampton apparently going to loan Huntelaar.. Would much rather we tried to loan him or someone like that!!

Doubtful. They already have Elia and Djuricic on loan so don't think they can get any more in on loan.

As someone whos pretty much watched every australian game cahill has played in, hes an absolute legend. Even at his age there isn't that many people better than him in the air. I don't think he has the stamina to start and last a whole game in the Premier League but i could definitely see him winning us a couple games coming off the bench. Better than our current striking options on the bench.

Agree with this, as an Australian I would love to see Cahill in a Villa shirt, legend!

Doubtful. They already have Elia and Djuricic on loan so don't think they can get any more in on loan.

Plus he signed a new contract with Schalke only a month ago. No chance.

You guys seem to have fallen for that Lambert story hook line and sinker!

tbf i dont think this is much different from cleverley last year, lots of people ITK saying its on, lots of people ITK saying its off, the only thing we dont have with this is everton on the side

You guys seem to have fallen for that Lambert story hook line and sinker!

It's here as well:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2936834/Aston-Villa-advanced-talks-secure-5m-deal-Liverpool-striker-Rickie-Lambert.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490

Aston Villa are in advanced talks to sign Rickie Lambert from Liverpool.

Paul Lambert's side have struggled for goals and they made an enquiry on Monday afternoon for the England international.
If Liverpool are going to sell Lambert, whom they only signed last May, they will want to command a fee of at least £5million.

The 32-year-old, who was also a target for Crystal Palace and West Brom, insisted last month that he would only leave if Liverpool told him they 'no longer wanted him'.
Should Villa come up with a suitable offer, that would pave the way for the former Southampton striker's exit.
Villa manager Lambert is ready to let Callum Robinson out on loan to Preston North End and that would leave Villa a striker short.
The 20-year-old forward was recalled from the club following a successful loan spell earlier this season as Villa became light in attacking options.
But he could be on the verge of heading back to Deepdale, suggesting Lambert may be positive about an incoming in that position.

Very unfair to call Lambert 'a lump'

You're usually far better than this OBE.

Have you read your posts on cleverly?

Do you just enjoy causing arguments?

No.

That's not an argument that's just contradiction

From RAWK:

"Gutted for him if he does go , he gives everything when he plays ,he might not be fast enough but he tries , i would have no problem with a lad like that sitting on the bench and coming on for a few minutes here and there if he was happy doing so.He is living out his boyhood dream ,i would never wish to take that away from any lad"