January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

He's two and a bit months younger than Joe Cole. I reckon he's got two season left in him, this one and one more. So that's about 18 months. For which we'll pay maybe £8-9m including the fee. That's half a million a month - or £120k a week. I'd take him on a free, but financially this is an appalling signing. 

Just read the "lump" comments, and for my money that's as lazy as the Holt comparisons.

Lambert has very good feet, is strong, good in the air BUT he can also drop off and play someone in. He has good vision and can create a bit. He could be a very good foil for Benteke IMO. Especially now we have Gil and Sinclair.

• Like 4

He's two and a bit months younger than Joe Cole. I reckon he's got two season left in him, this one and one more. So that's about 18 months. For which we'll pay maybe £8-9m including the fee. That's half a million a month - or £120k a week. I'd take him on a free, but financially this is an appalling signing. 

Entirely true. However we paid £24m for Bent and he paid for himself by keeping us up. If we stay up £8m is a no brainer.

• Like 2

I'd take Ronaldo on a free but that is also not going to happen.

You guys seem to have fallen for that Lambert story hook line and sinker!

tbf i dont think this is much different from cleverley last year, lots of people ITK saying its on, lots of people ITK saying its off, the only thing we dont have with this is everton on the side

Yet. Still a couple of hours to go. :)

Edited by briny_ear

Just read the "lump" comments, and for my money that's as lazy as the Holt comparisons.

Lambert has very good feet, is strong, good in the air BUT he can also drop off and play someone in. He has good vision and can create a bit. He could be a very good foil for Benteke IMO. Especially now we have Gil and Sinclair.

How would you work that though, Gil can't play as a winger, he'd need to play in behind them - we could put him out on the right but we'd have no width then, in a midfield four with Sanchez and Delph, Sinclair would end up needing to do a lot of defensive work and that's what he's not so good at. I think it has to be either or with a midfield five if we're to get the best out of both Gil and Sinclair (or Weimann or Agbonlahor for that matter). - or you could maybe put Delph out left, Gil at the point of a diamond and Sanchez deep, with either Bacuna or N'Zogbia down the right - with Sinclair dropped.

I think that Lambert and Benteke could play up front in a 4-4-2 - but it'd need to be in a squad which has natural wide midfielders - we don't have that.

(and yeah - the lump was a little bit harsh, but I don't think we should pretend he's the second coming of George Weah either!)

• Like 1

Entirely true. However we paid £24m for Bent and he paid for himself by keeping us up. If we stay up £8m is a no brainer.

In my opinion Bent is the worst signing in the clubs history. I don't want us to repeat that at any level.

Lee Clayton @LeeClayton_  ·  3m 3 minutes ago
Villa have agreed £5m for Rickie Lambert, then West Ham now know what they have to pay. No more than possibly/maybe.

Not sure if he missed out an "if" at the beginning of his tweet...