January Transfer Speculation 2015

Supervillan78

I'm for Lambert, but not just on his ability. I'm for getting the Beast back into action. Having someone to compete with might do that, and give us options.

• Like 4

We have a big striker in Benteke, we can't play him and Lambert it wouldn't work at all. Playing two up top doesn't work but if we were going to get someone with Benteke then it needs to be a Defoe, Long, Austin type player. Someone who will work the channels, do the running and is a decent finisher.

I don't think Lambert is amazing or anything but he's not just a typical target man.

• Like 1

Where does it put us in the summer? Benteke, kozak, gabby, weimman and Lambert.

A lot of high wages not really doing much.

Lambert goes against a lot of what we've been doing these last few years. Guess it shows how desperate we are and the lack of faith in the squad and Lambert (manager one) to get us out of this mess.

We should go for Ricky van wolfswinkel. A striker that is utterly useless in front of goal in the premier league, and he knows what it takes to get relegated. Would fit right in

• Like 2

I dont agree with alot of your views mate, but totally agree with this

When we've done this in the past - Sutton, Holt etc, I could see the point, they were relatively cheap short term solutions that could help the team and then we could all move on - even with Heskey, he was a year or two younger than Lambert is when he arrived. In essence, I'd be happy enough with Lambert on a free until the end of the season, but with the wages, this is going to cost us more than we paid for Benteke - that can't be a good idea can it?

Forget the money for a second. It's not yours.

Will this help to keep us in the division? The answer to that, for me, is an emphatic yes. 

I dont agree with alot of your views mate, but totally agree with this. We all moan that Lerner won't spend, now he might give a few million and i think it would be a good signing.

• Like 2

Bed time I think now

Is that your way of saying anything you thought might have been happening isn't going to happen ?

no it's me saying I'm keeping away as this site will go mental whatever happens it seems
  • Like 1

I can't believe anyone actually believes the quoted £5M fee.

Listening to Collymore earlier, he seems to think it'd be about half of that fee, with more being paid depending on the number of appearances he makes.

• Like 1

When we've done this in the past - Sutton, Holt etc, I could see the point, they were relatively cheap short term solutions that could help the team and then we could all move on - even with Heskey, he was a year or two younger than Lambert is when he arrived. In essence, I'd be happy enough with Lambert on a free until the end of the season, but with the wages, this is going to cost us more than we paid for Benteke - that can't be a good idea can it?

Forget the money for a second. It's not yours.

Will this help to keep us in the division? The answer to that, for me, is an emphatic yes. 

For me I don't really think it'll make a blind bit of difference - he's the fourth best striker at Liverpool and I think you can argue he'd be the fourth best striker here. I guess I just don't rate the player as highly as a lot of people seem to. 

I also can't ignore the money - we're putting a dent in the future in order to get a big lump that will give us nothing in particular for three months.

For £100,000 we could employ a lookalike to lurk around the training ground and just tell Benteke we'd signed him - that'd be just as effective surely?

• Like 1

As panic signings go - it would be a lot better than £24m. 

Regardless the fee is of little concern, at least it is small enough that it should be. It is the contract that would be worth questioning. 

I still think there's so very little chance of it happening that it's barely worth thinking about. Though maybe he genuinely is desperate to play regular football.