Relegation v4.0

BleedClaretAndBlue

Brilliant focus from Sherwood after the game yesterday. Definite need for 3 wins says to the players that they slacken off and they get dropped. He has vastly become our biggest must keep this summer.

Yes I agree. I think we'll win the two home games and either win or get a draw at Southampton

• Like 1

Guest av1

Brilliant focus from Sherwood after the game yesterday. Definite need for 3 wins says to the players that they slacken off and they get dropped. He has vastly become our biggest must keep this summer.

Yes I agree. I think we'll win the two home games and either win or get a draw at Southampton

That's how I see it as well. 2 wins from our home games and at least a point a St Mary's.

Considering how well we are playing ad picking up points, we're still not safe (I think we'll be fine though). It just makes me realise that if the managerial change hadn't have been made, I think we could have been down by now already! 

So many of us had spent time convincing ourselves of the "benefits" of going down to the chumpionship, like the extra games per season (from a fan POV) and actually being able to string a few wins together.

That was denial at it's best...but that's how bad it was.  Thanks Tim!

Not bothered about other teams results anymore to be honest. I know it's tight but I don't think we will lose another game this season.

On a side note, any chance we can dig out the "Sob On The Tyne" and "Ant n Dec" banners in case Newcastle drop on the final day. Now that would REALLY *** them off! ;)

I'd rather we made a new one, quoting Carver from earlier in the season "It's funny how things work out".

He seemed so smug with those comments earlier this season, when they looked safe in February (on around 32 points) and we were in a bad way. You're right John, it is funny how things work out. :D

• Like 3

If I wasn't an Aston Villa fan, it would be the club I would most want to see relegated

....is that so.

Why?

he made that post in November. We were pathetic back then and were just finished an embarrassing goal drought

im sure most clubs fans was thinking the same way

• Like 1

If I wasn't an Aston Villa fan, it would be the club I would most want to see relegated

....is that so.

Why?

he made that post in November. We were pathetic back then and were just finished an embarrassing goal drought

Absolutely, some made no secret of letting me know...the shocking brand of football and lack of goals made us their team they believed deserved the drop more than anyone.

....is that so.

Why?

Absolutely, some made no secret of letting me know...the shocking brand of football and lack of goals made us their team they believed deserved the drop more than anyone.

Why we didn't sack Lambert before the January window I will never understand.

We want Leicester to beat Sunderland right? Because that would damn Sunderland with their last two games.

Not sure how anyone can relax. The margin of error is so very small. 

And we don't want a last day showdown, that would be too scary.

A last day showdown with who exactly, Burnley will be relegated this coming weekend I think.

Not sure how newcastle are gonna fare better than they have the last 8 games with one available defender and still no decent attacking options. Possibly could get a 0-0 with the baggies but I think west brom will score. I'd say newcastle should be favourites to go down at the mo, their form and prospects are terrible.

Pape Cisse is back for that game, he of course scored the winner v us.

Pulis let's remember default mentality is to play for 0-0s away whatever the opposition or position in the league so you can add in a point for Newcastle already.

• Like 1

Yeah can't see Newcastle failing to get at least 2 or 3 points from their remaining games despite their awful form and suspensions. WBA always play poorly when they're safe and it's against a team below us in a relegation scrap and coupled with that they used up all their luck in one game with that flukey win at the weekend. So i fully expect a 3-0 Newcastle win against them.

I think the West Ham game will be tougher than we are expecting and Southampton is their last home game of the season so they'll not be wanting to lose that either.. 

Fingers crossed results go for us this weekend ... but most of all we need to win ourselves. 

Edited by danceoftheshamen

We are still relying on other teams unfortunately, although if Hull get a stuffing from Arsenal tonight that changes. 

If we can beat the hammers then we probably will only need a draw to be sure after that either against the saints or Burnley. We're not over the line yet at all.

We are still relying on other teams unfortunately, although if Hull get a stuffing from Arsenal tonight that changes. 

If we can beat the hammers then we probably will only need a draw to be sure after that either against the saints or Burnley. We're not over the line yet at all.

Are we still relying on others? Leicester play Sunderland so one (or both) will lose points on us and I think that means if we win all our games we don't go down, regardless of the Hull game. 

How are we relying on other teams? The plain, simple facts of the matter are that we pick up the same or more points between now and the end of the season than any one of the 4 teams between us and third bottom, we stay up.

I think Newcastle are the main side relying on everyone else. 8 defeats on the spin is Lambert form. Us, Leicester, Hull and even Sunderland (to an extent) have rolled their sleeves up of late and just got on with it, negotiating some tough looking fixtures to pick up deserved points and victories.

I dont think they'll gain more than one more point tbh

Arsenal better turn up tonight.

They did it for us last season, mid week, against Wigan so fingers crossed....

Yeah Arsenal are not Liverpool.  Never let us down. 

at this stage of the season Arsenal is probably the one team that wont let you down plus victory will guarantee their Champions League spot

Arsenal always come on strong at the end of the season and guarantee themselves CL football, every year they mess things up around the christmas period then go on a mad run at the end